CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

While Battleship was rubbish, it isn't quite as terrible, overlong, stupid, infantile and offensive as Transformers. Not to mention that the action scenes are actually watchable, as in I understood what was happening. In Transformers it's just lots of shots of things smashing together and you have no idea what on earth is going on. It was like a half-decently directed Transformers movie; at one point I literally thought to myself, "This is what Transformers would be like if Michael Bay had the ability to direct a film".

It's actually the opposite for me. It's a Michael Bay imitation without the dynamic visuals. I was almost entirely bored out of my mind -- at least with a Bay movie I can appreciate the visuals (if nothing else). This was aggressively bland and stupid.

• Like 3

Transformers is so much better than Battleship.  BS is fine, it's fun but Transformers is one of the 150 best films ever made imo.  :)

• Like 3

It's actually the opposite for me. It's a Michael Bay imitation without the dynamic visuals. I was almost entirely bored out of my mind -- at least with a Bay movie I can appreciate the visuals (if nothing else). This was aggressively bland and stupid.

Heh, I feel the opposite about Bay's visual style, as you probably know :P

Though I agree that Battleship was bland and stupid!

Every single shot in Transformers is freaking beautiful

Such unique composition and a fascinating, layered colour palette displayed here. What an intelligent piece of work:

Megan-Fox-from-Transformers-917-copy.jpg

• Like 1

Such unique composition and a fascinating, layered colour palette displayed here. What an intelligent piece of work:

It's one of the best shots in the movie and it made Fox a sex symbol.

Bay is immensely talented when it comes to making a dynamic shot. The problem is that he doesn't seem to care about literally anything else.

• Like 7