CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

Fast 8 could have an increase look at TDK to TDKR it still increased, so an increase is very possible.

I don't feel like that's the same though. For starter Paul Walker is a reoccurring character where as the Joker was one film thing. Also I feel like there are probably people who went and saw this film and had never seen a F+F film before and will never see a F+F again just because of the massive hype surrounding this film. I could be wrong but I feel like this is the peak of the franchise.

• Like 1

what the monthly records will look like by the end of this year..

JANUARY American Sniper $89,269,066
FEBRUARY Fifty Shades of Grey $85,171,450
MARCH The Hunger Games $152,535,747
APRIL Furious 7 $150,000,000
MAY The Avengers $207,438,708
JUNE Man of Steel $116,619,362
JULY Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows (P2) $169,189,427
AUGUST Guardians of the Galaxy $94,320,883
SEPTEMBER Hotel Transylvania $42,522,194
OCTOBER Gravity $55,785,112
NOVEMBER Mockingjay Part 2 $160,000,000
DECEMBER Star Wars: The Force Awakens $130,000,000

what the monthly records will look like by the end of this year..

JANUARY American Sniper $89,269,066 FEBRUARY Fifty Shades of Grey $85,171,450 MARCH The Hunger Games $152,535,747 APRIL Furious 7 $150,000,000 MAY The Avengers $207,438,708 JUNE Man of Steel $116,619,362 JULY Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows (P2) $169,189,427 AUGUST Guardians of the Galaxy $94,320,883 SEPTEMBER Hotel Transylvania $42,522,194 OCTOBER Gravity $55,785,112 NOVEMBER Mockingjay Part 2 $160,000,000 DECEMBER Star Wars: The Force Awakens $130,000,000

Some studio is going to schedule a tentpole in September soon just for the OW record headlines

Oh yeah Schnepp!!!

(Who the fuck is Schnepp?)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0774143/

He is a regular contributar at amc movie talk too,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtoMyXF4VFY3cB8fUcn7N4A

also at their Jedi Council

they do from time to time

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYNW0PN4_jrrNalTqcKp5Hm6xUkxgmAvf

And some comparisons, more indepths thingies there...

just got 'rewind' as kind of an own thing with one of the females

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYNW0PN4_jrowkjkuZka22uWpb_CLXFYz

also does some other non-amc-related... 'things'

If you click on 'single day' before copying the chart you'll get includes details like the comparisons to last week... too

She was in only 2 movies before the first FF...

Girl Fight did have an 'impact'.

I know a lot of people that never watched F&F (including TV), but either that, SWAT or Avatar. She has some YA male fans here and more female fans that s guessed beforehand

plus she seems to think she'll be in avatar 2. does rodriguez remember that she blew up in the first one or does she just think all her characters can come back with amnesia? 

It is possible, she wouldn't be the only seemingly dead character being back. But in her case I am asking myself if the reason I guess they might use in the story for getting them back even aplies to her too.

I do know a few fans here who were really angry about her character dying in Avatar 1, especially in that way (the hope seems to die at / as the last...)

• Like 1

Besides Eight Below, I have seen a very good movie called Running Scared and I have also seen Timeline. My mom saw Hours and told me he is great in it. 

Oh yeah, I saw half of Timeline once haha

Neo's just choosing to be difficult. He does this from time to time.

I gave five years worth of examples and the way it looks 90% of the movies fall more than 37% on Easter Sunday (in the top 10). And many fall more than 40%.

Way too low.

yeah, if by from time to time you mean all the f-ing time lol.

Also, incredible OD for F7. Amazing start to the summer movie season.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 3

Franchise fatigue will kick in.

I am one of the biggest fan of big action set pieces on this board but really the last act of FF7, I was exhausted, just like with Bay s Transformers 4 last act in China.

With Fast 5,6 & 7 , they covered a lot of ground action wise with cars. I have no doubt they ll do some cool batshit stuff in Furious 8,9 &10 but it will just feel more of the same without Paul.

FF7 will remain forever special in the franchise because it makes young men, old men and grandmas cry.

what the monthly records will look like by the end of this year.. JANUARY American Sniper $89,269,066 FEBRUARY Fifty Shades of Grey $85,171,450 MARCH The Hunger Games $152,535,747 APRIL Furious 7 $150,000,000 MAY The Avengers $207,438,708 JUNE Man of Steel $116,619,362 JULY Harry Potter / Deathly Hallows (P2) $169,189,427 AUGUST Guardians of the Galaxy $94,320,883 SEPTEMBER Hotel Transylvania $42,522,194 OCTOBER Gravity $55,785,112 NOVEMBER Mockingjay Part 2 $160,000,000 DECEMBER Star Wars: The Force Awakens $130,000,000

SW7 is going to crush $130m (still opens on Fri right?) and TA2 is doing $215m.

It will never happen, start of school + NFL= September being the worst month followed by October.

Doesn't matter, some mid-level franchise pic will open there at some point for the records. It's not like being sandwiched between monsters in May is a better fate than a middling September run

Are you aware about a lot of cinemas added additional viewings on short notice? Might be one of the reasons...

Yeah. I thought about that, but the theatre itself just wasn't busy. I was really surprised. But there are a few other theatres within walking distance (like about a mile-ish?) so maybe it was busier elsewhere.

• Like 2

Bet you every $ we both have Fast 8 doesn't open as higher (domestic), it's just not possible.

No bet as these boards are full of pessimists someone has to be the optimist. Again can see an increase look at TDKR.