Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

extract earlier post

quick look i did around 330-4p Pacific

67m would have been in play if AOU played out like TA and a dozen other titles, 63 at them time was if it over indexed, and it certainly did. Just with TA matinees it was over but as evening went on it was under and the gap kept getting bigger as the night draw on.

With Gitesh I mentioned (yes I've known him since BOG been around) to him that it was potentially looking now at around 30% diff, the last update he had heard a couple/few hours before was 20% maybe more (20% would have been 67)

Canada Sat was only down 14% from Friday

EC markets NYC ended with being down -31%, LA started -51 came back to -47, overall EC markets ranged from -25 to -32, WC -40 to -50,

San Antonio -38

West coast represent!

• Like 3

dong bro @ahoymitch 3m3 minutes ago

remember how I said we weren't that busy with the avengers? every showing today sold out

Sunday in the L.A. area looking much better than yesterday.  There is hope. Or maybe it won't decrease? LOL I don't know. Weird indeed.

Is that even possible?

Probably not unless there's some new holiday tomorrow. Either way, waiting for this Sunday's numbers is a bit more interesting than usual.

I meant a decrease from the estimate of 187m

Does Thanos care about the Avengers? Isn't more about getting the stones? Thanos didn't create Ultron.

I was given the impression with the

ending credit that Thanos had something to do with Ultron. Regardless, Thanos did indeed give Loki the sceptor, and it is still on Earth, and we already know the sceptor can manipulate people and even Gods, so whose to say that Thanos was manipulating both Tony and Bruce, both highly intelligent humans, into making something that he can control or use to spy on the Avengers with? Perhaps he himself got a vision of them being a major threat to him in his plans, which is why he is trying to get rid of them now before they get too powerful, but he keeps underestimating that power.

I think the combination of Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and the good old Disney Animations makes them the #1 studio for now. WB won't be able to compete with Disney on a yearly basis. Universal may win the year in 2015 but they have a shit lineup in 2016. OTOH, Disney will be back with Marvel, SW, Pixar etc. and they will all make huge amounts of money. 

And they spent 17 billion just to buy this IP before dollar one was spent on production. 

Oh no. It's well past Saturday already.

It will pass Friday's total in the next 30 minutes.

Well damn. Sun bigger than Friday. That has to be rare occurrence. At least your theater recovered.

How often do Sunday increases even happen? The only occasion I can think of was the Sunday of Jurassic Park: Lost World's OW and that was the day before Memorial Day...

Yeah it's usually on the Sunday prior to a Monday holiday.

• Community Manager

Probably not unless there's some new holiday tomorrow. Either way, waiting for this Sunday's numbers is a bit more interesting than usual.

President Obama has made tomorrow a federal holiday. Disney Day.

• Like 3

Actuals will increase. Mark my words.

I'm thinking $190m actuals.

So, I want to ask you, and be honest, please. You seemed to hate the AOU, but that hate seems to stem from the fact that it looked like it was going to dethrone Potter's place in the box office. Since that didn't happen, are you feeling more warmed up to AOU and the MCU as movies, or do you still kind of not like them?

• Like 1

BVS will open to ~$150m

No where near $200m though. I'm hyped for it (because of Wonder Woman) but there's too much bad buzz and Zacks movies aren't always loved.

I was hyped for Wonder Woman, until I seen the actress they chose. She's horrible and ugly.