Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Oh i didn't say you did. I just really wanted to post this img because MOS, because Father's day :lol:

LOL oh boy.  I'm so used to Chewy using that image for stop sign. I thought you were telling me to stop.  :lol:

• Like 1

Finally some good news

Looks like boxing costed AoU the 200 mill OW

I think it cost AOU some but not the 200.

Tele reported huge sellouts even with the increased screens but previews seemed low.  ( relative to what even he expected )

Friday should have been better. ( weak matinees because of a school day? )

Saturday is explained.

Sunday seems to be recovering but we've been fooled before.

I was here on Friday until 6:00am EDT.  Everything I heard people reporting made it sound like another incredible opening day.  The 1st revision down to 95 was surprising but the actual estimate of 87 the next day was shocking.

This was a freaky weekend.  

If they're off by 10m for Sunday then BOM really needs to stop estimating Sundays on Sundays. That's a ridiculous number to be off by.

Really doubt they're off by that much.

If they're off by 10m for Sunday then BOM really needs to stop estimating Sundays on Sundays. That's a ridiculous number to be off by.

isn't the Sunday projection coming from the studio itself? all the outlets report the same number. it comes from historical data doesn't it (with some subjective lee way i'm guessing)?

Edited by jse

the fuck are you blaming BOM for?

Official estimates come from the studio. Come to think of it, the first Avengers adjusted up 7m with actuals so this shouldn't come as a surprise at all.

I wonder if some people remember how many shows sold out for Avengers 1 and said "I'm just not even going to bother on the first Saturday for this one. Maybe Sunday or maybe next weekend."

I never thought about that.    The insanity in theaters for TA must have turned some people off.   Even a reserve ticket wouldn't spare you the madness of the crowds....long lines for snacks/bathroom.   There are people who don't like those kinds of crowds.   My brother was complaining that I wanted to get to the theater an hour early.

Probably a small number of people, but a little bite nonetheless.   Add in another small bite from the sports on Saturday.   Factor in what has to be less of a "I gotta see this right now!" vibe from the first team up of superheroes and one might even say the 180s would be "expected".   Hindsight of course.

Possibly a dumb question, but does anyone know how the money from the Avengers/Age of Ultron double features gets divvied up? Is it like the drive-in double features, where they both get the money added to their totals, is it split, or does it all go to Ultron?

Edited by Orestes

Possibly a dumb question, but does anyone know how the money from the Avengers/Age of Ultron double features gets divvied up? Is it like the drive-thru double features, where they both get the money added to their totals, is it split, or does it all go to Ultron?

should all go to Ultron.

I never thought about that.    The insanity in theaters for TA must have turned some people off.   Even a reserve ticket wouldn't spare you the madness of the crowds....long lines for snacks/bathroom.   There are people who don't like those kinds of crowds.   My brother was complaining that I wanted to get to the theater an hour early.

Probably a small number of people, but a little bite nonetheless.   Add in another small bite from the sports on Saturday.   Factor in what has to be less of a "I gotta see this right now!" vibe from the first team up of superheroes and one might even say the 180s would be "expected".   Hindsight of course.

Yeah Monday, Tuesday spillover was definitely in effect for TA. As well as the weekend after, hence the 100M+ 2nd weekend.

Edited by jse