Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Just got back, I thought it held up pretty well actually.

Regarding RTH and early projections, have we considered that with America's push to reserved seating, that would mean pre-sales for big movies are quickly becoming a bigger draw and skewing the way we initially forecasted numbers throughout the day? Could that be a factor?

• Like 6

• Community Manager

The first film had amazing reviews, almost universally liked and was the first film yet it only had 3x legs. The fact that this is a sequel means its almost bound to have worse legs than the first, combine that with much worse reviews and possibly mixed WOM, and 2.5 legs probably won't be far from the truth for this.

It does have worse reviews but the WOM is not mixed at least not by any measure. So far, 90% Audience rating on RT. A on Cinemascore. It has the same IMDB score as the first Avengers (8.2). On our review thread, over 80% have given it an A or B grade. In fact, that's almost as high as the first Avengers. It might not be as popular as the first movie but people are really liking Age of Ultron. To doom it to bad legs is kinda silly.

Also the OD is higher than the first Avengers even adjusted for inflation. I guess it's possible it goes down a bit more since it is an estimate but even if it matches it or barely goes down, that's still a pretty great result for Age of Ultron. As for franchise fatigue, if this is MCU in franchise fatigue where it's still topping itself then the MCU still has a long way to go.

• Like 2

Disney throwing a mil or two its way from Avengers...it happens will all studios on weekends with huge releases. Don't know why they do it, it's dumb.

Typically they do it because drive-ins are forced to show a movie from the same studio on an opening weekend. This year, it'd be Avengers 2 and Cinderella - although my hometown drive-in is doing Avengers and Furious 7, which I'm sure is super, super packed

Your condition to believe that, but as far as I'm concerned, I won't believe another number he puts out til FOX News is reporting it on the Monday morning news.. Sorry, but fool me once, shame on you and you know the rest..

This may be the saddest, most pathetic post you've ever made, Rth is an inside source who's nice enough to give us numbers and you spout this nonsense shit because your butthurt at the od number!

You've been posting $100m od and $225m ow for weeks and calling everyone wrong so you know what:

standinyourwrongness.gif

• Like 19

DMC was pretty epic.

It was one  one of the few films that was locked to beat the Opening weekend that  did (other being Spider Man 3), everyone saw a huge gross.

It did that and got a massive gross and 3rd film to ever reach a billion WW. 

• Like 2

No problem. Yeah, I usually write the Saturday updates. With occasional exceptions, we try to stay close to what the studios are saying (especially for big movies). It's a good way to maintain positive relationships with them. :)

werehome.gif

*looks at gif*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO k

People need to stop harping on Rth & his early #. Yeah, it was off, but it just shows how hard it is to factor in huge pre sales. We are lucky he even takes the time to give us #s, so we should be grateful instead of critical of him.

• Like 8

DMC was pretty epic.

It was one  one of the few films that was locked to beat the Opening weekend that  did (other being Spider Man 3), everyone saw a huge gross.

It did that and got a massive gross and 3rd film to ever reach a billion WW. 

Except for Kal...He thought Superman Returns would destroy it.

The Spurs game tonight might explain why the San Antonio Pallaudium was running 40% ahead of big NYC theaters last night. All the Spurs and Avengers fans in San Antonio figured they better watch the thing last night because they've got a playoff game to focus on today.

Great point Red.

• Like 2

Except for Kal...He thought Superman Returns would destroy it.

That was the greatest flame war over.

Perdiction for DMC got crazy and it met them with decent wom. 

However buzz for it was huge, it was the film everyone wanted to see in 2006. 

I'm up now and quite shocked that Rth would tell us this yesterday, only to come in a lot lower than it should've.. So many people put a lot of faith in Rth who probably doesn't know the numbers any better than anyone else.. Either way, congrats to DH2 for holding onto the the OD record..

............................ GAH

That was the greatest flame war over.

Perdiction for DMC got crazy and it met them with decent wom. 

However buzz for it was huge, it was the film everyone wanted to see in 2006. 

I just remember when X3 opened so big in May that year, I began thinking "how big is Pirates going to be?" Pirates 1 was a huge word of mouth hit. The crowd experience with that first Pirates movie was as good as TA1 or anything else that I've seen through the years. People loved the hell out of Captain Jack and it spilled over in a huge way with the sequels. Poor Superman was squashed like a roach.