Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Mad Max to pull away from males (all those action heavy trailers) and Pitch Perfect 2, yes.

Tomorrowland? Looks great but yeah that's not gonna register with general public. Plus Aloha could (key word) benefit from Cooper post American Sniper and Poltergeist. San Andreas? I love Johnson (one of the few who dug Hercules) but...no. Just... NO.

I think the issue with Aloha is that they've literally released no footage except for the first trailer

Also, yay, I caught up!!

• Community Manager

Most of those are fanboy grades. Also even if this had amazing reviews, reviews better than the first film, its legs would probably of still been shorter due to the fact that its a sequel, it almost always happens with sequels.

So what you are saying is that you discount the high grades for Avengers: Age of Ultron because it has a huge fanboy base and therefore it's really mixed WOM? Yeah, god forbid a movie have a fanbase.

Man they really improved the hell out of Cap's uniform in the following movies. Sometimes I forget how bad his Avengers duds were. Never let Coulson design someone's suit again.

His Avengers suit was awful.

Unfortunately they haven't been able to quite get the helmet right. I always want Cap to have his helmet off in the movies. Luckily it is for the most part.

• Like 1

I feel like Houston is about 50% with reserved seating at this point. I love it. Though convenience fees = not cool

AMC needs to make it a nationwide thing. Especially since I'm in their stubs program that literally only helps out with convenience fees lol

no it's true, i think avengers 1 is completely overrated and "just ok" but this shot gives me chills and is probably responsible for 100m of the dom total

I still think Captain America looks silly in that suit and helmet but thats for another thread i suppose.

• Community Manager

Tomorrowland is rated PG so they clearly are going for families.

Really? Well I've seen like every trailer and I still have no idea what it's about.

So what you are saying is that you discount the high grades for Avengers: Age of Ultron because it has a huge fanboy base and therefore it's really mixed WOM? Yeah, god forbid a movie have a fanbase.

What he's saying is that there's clearly not the same enthusiasm for AOU than it was for TA.

This theater isn't so busy ATM. I figured it would be even at 3PM.

3 adults, and with 7 kids.

Someone help me. I just carried 7 trays of kids combo.

You know what i mean, its like Nolans films with IMDB.

Look, all I'm saying is that from this point on, I'm not going to believe any numbers until Monday morning when the news is reporting it.. If you all have such high regard for Rth and his box office predictions, then I think that's great, but I'm not going to believe every number thrown out after this.. It's quite deflating to say the least..

BKB sad...BKB very sad...

vma-crying-2.gif

Really? Well I've seen like every trailer and I still have no idea what it's about.

You are not alone on that :lol: 

Look, all I'm saying is that from this point on, I'm not going to believe any numbers until Monday morning when the news is reporting it.. If you all have such high regard for Rth and his box office predictions, then I think that's great, but I'm not going to believe every number thrown out after this.. It's quite deflating to say the least..

I am explaining what happened. I do the exact same thing Rth does, but he does it with internal data. I check around 15 theaters from our biggest TC and compare to other similar movies. 

Look, all I'm saying is that from this point on, I'm not going to believe any numbers until Monday morning when the news is reporting it..

So you don't believe the 85m either? Hey, who knows, maybe when actualls come in it'll be 100m!

• Community Manager

What he's saying is that there's clearly not the same enthusiasm for AOU than it was for TA.

That doesn't mean it's going to have bad legs nor does it mean the WOM is mixed. It might not be the same enthusiasm for AoU but AoU still has a lot of enthusiasm going for it.

Keep your head up BKB.

If Rth said that Star Wars 7 had a 100mil opening day and then the estimates were like 80mil or something, i would be beyond gutted.

AMC needs to make it a nationwide thing. Especially since I'm in their stubs program that literally only helps out with convenience fees lol

Have they converted your theaters to recliners and such yet? Mine didn't go reserved seating until all those were installed.

That doesn't mean it's going to have bad legs nor does it mean the WOM is mixed. It might not be the same enthusiasm for AoU but AoU still has a lot of enthusiasm going for it.

It means it's gonna have worse legs.

• Like 1

I said 'possibly mixed', as it has been on here and other forums i go on.