Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

So we just went from high end of 67 down to sub-60. Guess the question of whether the fight would hurt has been answered. Too bad the fight itself sucked a King Kong sized penis.

The comparison tho...

Someone should save those crazy bullish Variety articles. You know, for posterity.

Someone should go through these boards and find all the threads where people FREAKED OUT at the mere idea of sub-200  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya 34s35 seconds ago

#AvengersAgeOfUltron takes big hit SAT, maybe -30% to high 50s. Wknd in 190s range. #PacquiaoMayweather among factors.

The fight did hurt it a bit but I can't see it having done too much damage. The fight was so damn one sided too.

I really did believe we were getting a ow record

Fucking pos fight. Why they scheduled that shit for this weekend I don't understand.

Mayweather is a big gambler, so I would guess he was involved with the Kentucky Derby. Probably wanted to get paid around the same time for the fight and recoup any losses he might have had on the race in a hurry. 

for right now LA is taking the biggest hit

between the 2 biggest markets  NY/LA theres more than 20% difference in the drop from fri

Right from the awesome Clippers game, all the way to MayPac, LA has been otherwise occupied today. Tomorrow morning shows may overperform though due to that, maybe a much lighter drop to 50M or so i.e. just a 10% to 15% drop may happen.

Well, I think the 210 estimate came during the day on Friday

It's 100% Tele's fault

It really is Teles fault. I said 195 and he kept giving me lectures on how previews were gonna keep that from happening.

• Like 3

Huh. high 50s means it's barely up from the True Friday. Which probably means it needs a sub-20% drop on Sunday in order to hit 190. I kinda doubt that's happening.

OTOH, it would need to be hammered tomorrow in order to not hit 180. So it should be fairly comfortably ahead of IM3.

Based on what Rth said i.e. Canada was down only 15% or so with previews, that would have given AoU a 71M 2nd day if the US had followed suit. Realistically around 68-69M might have happened. Falling from that would give it 47M Sunday, if Sunday gets spillover we may see a 50M Sunday tomorrow.

• Like 1