Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Oh, man.

What if... what if EVERYTHING this summer disappoints?

Would it be like last year all over again? Will we be looking at Fantastic Four as the breakout August story?

Furious 7 did awesome! But I guess that doesn't count? :huh:

Don't forget American Sniper.

Neither of those are Summer movies. He is talking about only Summer movies.

Don't forget American Sniper. 

Fifty Shades was a great one weekend wonder, but CJohn and basically every other poster on this forum let expectations get so high for FSOG that the weekend and the weekend thread both ended up being a damp squib.

So it's a possibility that Ultron sells less tickets than TDKR...

I have TDKR at 19.4M tickets sold on its OW.  When we get a proper weekend 3D breakdown tomorrow/Monday for AOU I will calculate it's attendance as well.  This morning I had it pegged for ~19.5M tickets, so they're going to be close.

• Like 2

Fifty Shades was a great one weekend wonder, but CJohn and basically every other poster on this forum let expectations get so high for FSOG that the weekend and the weekend thread both ended up being a damp squib.

I tried to tell people there was no chance of a 100M OW for 50 Shades, but nobody listened. :P

• Like 1

Oh, man.

What if... what if EVERYTHING this summer disappoints?

Would it be like last year all over again? Will we be looking at Fantastic Four as the breakout August story?

Everything disappointed in summer 2013, too

What if it's our summer expectations that are the problem?  :ph34r:

• Like 4

Summer, LOL

Expectations. There's that dirty word again.

What if it's our summer expectations that are the problem? :ph34r:

No. Nobody here ever sets their expectations to high and over predicts movies. We are always reasonable. ;) Edited by Empire Out
  • Like 2

Alright, everyone take your remaining summer predicts and dial them all back by 50-100m. 

I guess that 10 page argument I had with Neo and others about whether the fight would have an impact turned out to be merely annoying and boring instead of completely pointless and stupid. I've messed up enough in the past year to celebrate that I finally picked the right cause to champion, even if it was a mind-boggling lame fight.

• Like 5

I guess that 10 page argument I had with Neo and others about whether the fight would have an impact turned out to be merely annoying and boring instead of completely pointless and stupid. I've messed up enough in the past year to celebrate that I finally picked the right cause to champion, even if it was a mind-boggling lame fight.

LOL You fought better than they did.

• Like 2

It was pointless because you were never going to convince them of the truth, not because you were wrong. :P

• Like 1

No. Nobody here ever sets their expectations to high and over predicts movies. We are always reasonable. ;)

How dare you. I assure you we are professionals and all have PhDs in predicting box office grosses of movies per year!

• Like 2

I can see that. We've gotten used to the summer season having the big openings and splashing stuffs, but it's clear with things like CA2 and AS and Hunger Games and F7 that summer openings can happen anywhere.

Well, not in September. But anywhere else.

This early May date might be a relic of the past. It's often generated huge openings and big films, but that could far more be because of the films than the date. It might behoove studios to really look at calendar configuration to plan on the best dates for these films to capitalize. That is, of course, if they're really interested in the huge, splashy numbers.

I think Pixels is gonna break-out as long as people don't start screaming 200M+