kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

When you're the sequel to a movie that made 100m more than TDK, and you "only" make TDKR numbers, I think that can be regarded as somewhat disappointing, or as druv described it, "ho-hum".

True. If this was ANT-MAN then goodness gracious 450 M would be a crazy number. But it's not.

The movie isn't terrible so I wonder why the lack of interest now? Of course there isn't novelty anymore but it has enough things to entertain the GA. I enjoyed this way more than the first and IM III. I'm really surprised by the movie's box office numbers.

Have the 'walkout' (RDJ), 'bitch/whore' (Renner/Evans), and feminism (Whedon) thing affected this?

Out of curiosity, what were the low-end predictions? I don't follow the summer game and didn't really look at the official thread until the RT came up...

480 M

And people think 450 M isn't disappointing?

This is honestly the kind of drop I expected it to have :ph34r:

I think it well bounce back next weekend and have good legs for the rest of it's run (simillar to The Winter Soldier but not quite as good)

What did you predict? Did you join the game? Please no. lol

198/512 then went down to 189/485m 1 week before release. I can't believe it's going lower though.

and what game? Lol

Edited by jessie

All should :), probably why DL didn't put out early one , initial weekend was put out at 90m(although that doesn't take into account day trade, too early),  the initial 24-28 was actually lower level then what day trade suggested, then lowered 23.5-25.8(same case as earlier)  well after that Gitesh put out 25m ,couple hours later Disney had it 22-25, then I put out 21-22 then later DL was given 21.7-9 can't recall.

Its good to get early guesstimates even if they are bit off. It gives us good perspective on the trend. Normally movies tend to go up but AOU seem to go down I guess bcos release is so saturated. Please keep giving us numbers.

All should :), probably why DL didn't put out early one , initial weekend was put out at 90m(although that doesn't take into account day trade, too early),  the initial 24-28 was actually lower level then what day trade suggested, then lowered 23.5-25.8(same case as earlier)  well after that Gitesh put out 25m ,couple hours later Disney had it 22-25, then I put out 21-22 then later DL was given 21.7-9 can't recall.

So is it because AOU a matinee movie? It's weird that it's daily number often went down from the early estimates.

Don't stop giving us numbers btw. It's us who should stop hoping for the best. :P

Edited by KATCH 22

198/512 then went down to 189/485m 1 week before release. I can't believe it's going lower though.

and what game? Lol

Baumer's Game. A lot of players lost points/are gonna lose points because of this movie lol.