kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

That was the high end early this afternoon.  It was likely to fall below.  So those $100m weekend hopes were not built on anything concrete.

I don't think anybody really had hopes for 100M. With the new estimate 85-95M is the range for TA2. 

• Like 2

Well on the other hand I saw two theaters in Utah listed in Rth's top 20 engagements that had 0 sell outs for the entire weekend. And then I saw theaters that had massive sell outs for Sunday and Friday weren't even listed. Weird how that works. There was a time that sell outs told a bigger story than they do now. But with the great number of showtimes its hard to gauge.

His list is based on gross not attendance, right?

Those theaters that didn't have any sell outs likely had a lot higher ticket price than the ones that sold out tons.

• Like 1

Those theaters that didn't have any sell outs likely had a lot higher ticket price than the ones that sold out tons.

ok that makes a lot of sense.  Plus they both had Imax.

• Like 1

Yeah just wait until midnight.

And thanks for putting out that $100m flame.

I never considered the high end of Rth's range as a great possibility. Even at the low end of 23.5M, we're looking at 175% increase well above IM3/TA1. 

• Like 1

I never considered the high end of Rth's range as a great possibility. Even at the low end of 23.5M, we're looking at 175% increase well above IM3/TA1. 

LOL not you but I saw the hope in others. Last weekend was such a letdown for so many people. I would hate to see a repeat. Anyway it could still go up.

Edited by Ecstasy

There's also factors of # sessions, seating capacities (1 thr might sell out screen 200 seats another has 400 and doesnt)
  • Like 4

LOL not you but I saw the hope in others. Last weekend was such a letdown for so many people. I would hate to see a repeat. Anyway it could still go up.

As long as it hits 23M, I'll be good.

24M/37.5M/26.5M 88M weekend

• Like 1