kayumanggi

WEEKEND ACTUALS | Impressive 77.7 M second weekend for AOU, massive and not boring 313.4 M total so far

Because AOU has made a boatload of $$$$$ and merely pointing it out that it's not a massive disappointment like some will claim..

Won't sell as many tickets as revenge of sith, Shrek 2, pirates 2, in fact BKB it may lose to TDKr domestic. Lol how ironic that would be

Edited by GiantCALBears

op thr Engagements
8-10/5
all AOU

1-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA  (Wile be happy)
2-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY
3-AMC burbank 30, Burbank CA
4-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook , Calgaray AB
5-ST Palladium 19, San Antonio TX
6-Regal Mira Mesa 17, San Diego CA
7-CS Warren 14, Moore OH
8-Regal Hacienda Crossings 20, Dublin CA
9-AMC Tysons Corner 16, Mclean VA
10-Regal E-Walk 13, New York City NY
11-AMC 34th st 14, New York City NY
12-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY

--
13-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ
14-Regal Long Beach Stadium 26, Long Beach CA
15-Cobb Dolphin 24, Miami FL
16-Regal Irvine Spectrum , Irvine CA
17-ST Palladium22, Richmond TX
18-Regal Fresno Stadium 21, Fresno CA
19-AMC 84th St 6, New York City NY
20-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, Toronto ON

-combined Regal Ontario Palace 22 & Mills 30, Ontario CA would have been #5
  • Like 1

This week will be the nail in the coffin for AOU. Two highly anticipated blockbusters receiving great reviews and wom. Goodbye to the predictions of $450 mil and $500 mil dom, it'll probably end up in the low $400 mil. It's going to get hit hard every week with new blockbusters.

• Like 1

So looking at the weekend actuals on BOM, this looks like the lowest attended second weekend of May since at least 2008. Now granted, AOU is the only game in town right now, but could we be seeing a general downturn in box office? I know the theaters around me have not been as busy as they usually are at the beginning of the summer season (probably because the weather has been so nice the last few weeks). It would partly explain how AOU lost 20% of its predecessor's audience before WOM (good or bad) even had a chance to kick in.

Edited by Darth Homer

So looking at the weekend actuals on BOM, this looks like the lowest attended second weekend of May since at least 2008. Now granted, AOU is the only game in town right now, but could we be seeing a general downturn in box office? I know the theaters around me have not been as busy as they usually are at the beginning of the summer season (probably because the weather has been so nice the last few weeks). It would partly explain how AOU lost 20% of its predecessor's audience before WOM (good or bad) even had a chance to kick in.

I hope PP2 and MM combo can spice things up a bit this weekend then. It's depressing for me to see people skipping real theatre for home theatre more and more.