kayumanggi

A CURE FOR WELLNESS | 02.17.17 | Fox | final gross ● 8.11 M

16 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Full on Gore-fest! Bloated, beautiful, maddening, eerie, unsettling, seething, sleek, ugly, alive, morbid. The man's a menace. I love him though. Good time. Can we get that Lone Ranger sequel fast-tracked now?

This will pave the way for a Lone Ranger sequel? :huh:

5 hours ago, The Stingray said:

This was fairly tremendous. My only gripe is that it became predictable towards the end.

Anyway, I think it's worth supporting, unless you're content with watching horror movies that seem to be shot in Jason Blum's backyard.

Malfoy's dad! That dude was pretty damn creepy.

Well, this was a bipolar experience, that's for sure. First of all, I have to say that I really love Gore's style, the visuals alone is worthy watching, I wish we could see more Horror movies following this pattern, it would at least please our eyes, when the plot hurt our brain, if you're going to make a bad movie, at least make a movie that is beautiful to watch. I loved the location at hills, it gave me some Dracula vibes, and I really enjoyed the first act, when everything was just being built, but, then the second act started and everything became so predictable, it's hard to maintain the tension, when you already know what is going to happen at end, what's left? A lot of -supposedly- shocking images exploring typical fears of the Horror genre that end being anticlimactic, considering that the public is already tired of the movie, it would have been way better if 30 minutes were cut, there's just no reason for such a longer duration. And there's that ending, everything is just too expositive that you would think that it's a movie for kids, when the villain started telling his "evil plan", I was like: Ok, we got this at the first 30 minutes, no need to explain the whole thing. It had a really promising start but ended lost on it's own ambitions.