kayumanggi

A CURE FOR WELLNESS | 02.17.17 | Fox | final gross ● 8.11 M

Problem is the trailers don't give a clear premise to audiences, it s mysterious and eerie but that s it, no precise idea of what the movie is about.

I am seeing it today, we ll see what kind of cloth this movie is truly made of.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Woah, this was really something.

Verbinski is such a talented and creative mothefucker it s not even funny.

People always seem to forget how visuallly inventive the POTC trilogy was.

There s a reason why POTC 4 looks so fucking dull when you put a basic like Gary Marshall behind the camera, the contrast was jarring.

Same for The Lone Ranger I just saw again recently, visual creativity in spades.

His Ring remake was stunning too.

There is no way this guy didn't study the arts.

His direction is so sophisticated here, almost each shot is an avent.

The framing, compostion, lighting, here is off the charts as the trailers promised.

In an era where we have to suffer so many Jason Blum movies per year who are CHEAP AS A CRACK WHORE, here we have a kinda horror film with ambition with gorgeous sets & visuals shot in the mythical Babelsberg s studios.

As for the story, I had the confirmation Verbinski is a bit deranged, in a good way, some scenes will make you squirm.

The witty guys will understand where the story will finally go but it will be still diffuclut to figure out all the specifics to assemble the final puzzle so the journey is intriguing to say the least.

The movie has such an incredible mood, eerie, strange, the fantastic score helps a lot too to establish the said mood.

I didn't feel the movie was long because I was sucked into that world.

So many creative scenes ...

The main trio is great , Dehaan has all the movie on his shoulders, Mia Goth (movie has a great old gothic fabric by the way) has such a weird vibe to her that works perfectly here and the actor who plays .......... is doing the Devil's work like a pro .

You won't see a lot of movies  as sophisticated & unique as A Cure for Wellness in 2017, it has to be seen in a theater.

But yeah, that movie won't make a lot of money, it s too bizarre, too out there for its own good, but that s what makes it precious.

Critics trashed this ?

They truly are the basics of this world.

:lol:

I usually dislike pompous statements but :

Mr Gore Verbinski, you ve just made a Work of Art.

Thank You.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Woah, this was really something.

Verbinski is such a talented and creative mothefucker it s not even funny.

People always seem to forget how visuallly inventive the POTC trilogy was.

There s a reason why POTC 4 looks so fucking dull when you put a basic like Gary Marshall behind the camera, the contrast was jarring.

Same for The Lone Ranger I just saw again recently, visual creativity in spades.

His Ring remake was stunning too.

There is no way this guy didn't study the arts.

His direction is so sophisticated here, almost each shot is an avent.

The framing, compostion, lighting, here is off the charts as the trailers promised.

In an era where we have to suffer so many Jason Blum movies per year who are CHEAP AS A CRACK WHORE, here we have a kinda horror film with ambition with gorgeous sets & visuals shot in the mythical Babelsberg s studios.

As for the story, I had the confirmation Verbinski is a bit deranged, in a good way, some scenes will make you squirm.

The witty guys will understand where the story will finally go but it will be still diffuclut to figure out all the specifics to assemble the final puzzle so the journey is intriguing to say the least.

The movie has such an incredible mood, eerie, strange, the fantastic score helps a lot too to establish the said mood.

I didn't feel the movie was long because I was sucked into that world.

So many creative scenes ...

The main trio is great , Dehaan has all the movie on his shoulders, Mia Goth (movie has a great old gothic fabric by the way) has such a weird vibe to her that works perfectly here and the actor who plays .......... is doing the Devil's work like a pro .

You won't see a lot of movies  as sophisticated & unique as A Cure for Wellness in 2017, it has to be seen in a theater.

But yeah, that movie won't make a lot of money, it s too bizarre, too out there for its own good, but that s what makes it precious.

Critics trashed this ?

They truly are the basics of this world.

:lol:

I usually dislike pompous statements but :

Mr Gore Verbinski, you ve just made a Work of Art.

Thank You.

I'm glad you enjoyed this, we usually have similar tastes, so I think I'm going to enjoy it.

It seems that it an atmospheric terror in the same way of It Follows, but without the clever plot.