kayumanggi

A CURE FOR WELLNESS | 02.17.17 | Fox | final gross ● 8.11 M

The film’s story is a combination of Bioshock, Shutter Island, and the Stephen King novel Misery. Somehow that sounds conceptually interesting but it lacks enough story to maintain your interest. What made things like Misery and Shutter Island relatively interesting were it’s genuine build up and suspense for the mystery that is going on around the atmosphere in the situation those characters are in. With A Cure For Wellness, you can easily predict the plotting and the answer to the mystery by the 30-minute mark.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//a-cure-for-wellness-review

1 hour ago, rjones1325 said:

The film’s story is a combination of Bioshock, Shutter Island, and the Stephen King novel Misery. Somehow that sounds conceptually interesting but it lacks enough story to maintain your interest. What made things like Misery and Shutter Island relatively interesting were it’s genuine build up and suspense for the mystery that is going on around the atmosphere in the situation those characters are in. With A Cure For Wellness, you can easily predict the plotting and the answer to the mystery by the 30-minute mark.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//a-cure-for-wellness-review

And charismatic actors, something I would never say about DeHaan. Good actor but too scary looking for anyone to warm up to him. That said, I'm rooting for this to do well at the boxoffice for Verbinski's sake.  

he may not have fresh movies on RT thanks to scripts, but he's better director than some geek directors with fresh RT scores. He has a great eye for scenes, they all look cinematic. I'm not gonna list fresh directors whose expensive movies look like TV shows and I'm not talking about TV shows with great production values. 

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

he may not have fresh movies on RT thanks to scripts, but he's better director than some geek directors with fresh RT scores. He has a great eye for scenes, they all look cinematic. I'm not gonna list fresh directors whose expensive movies look like TV shows and I'm not talking about TV shows with great production values. 

He should start doing commercials then.

• Like 1