Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

It may be the first time the Guardians team up with the Avengers though . .. and that could be a very different dynamic.

You c as n tell they're running out of ideas for the big three.

I guess they're just killing time unti Civil War.

Have you guys seen the pics of Crossbones?

Google it. I'm too lazy to post it.

It would be insane if those could stay that high. Is that even theoretically possible???

They pretty much have to stay like that. There aren't enough reviews to come the would effect it.

A statistical nerd with to much time on their hand should examine the correlation between cinemascore and other metrics. RT, Metacritic, final gross, various multipliers etc

A statistical nerd with to much time on their hand should examine the correlation between cinemascore and other metrics. RT, Metacritic, final gross, various multipliers etc

Deadline goes crazy with Cinemascore. IIRC, they are assigning completely random multipliers based on cinemascores in their weekend reports. I think for AOU they said an A Cinemascore tends to give a 3.6x

Now the question is, how high can these superheros fly? Avengers turned around a 3x multiple of its bow for a final stateside cume of $623.4M — and that’s off an A+ CinemaScore which typically carries an average 4.8x multiple. Ultron earned an A, which typically translates into a 3.6x multiple, which would put the sequel well north of $650M using that B.O. yardstick.

Where did they pull those numbers from? Their collective asses?

• Like 1

Warriors seem to have the series in the bag. E unnecessarily panicked after game 3 loss. They have come back strong.

LOL I talked way too much shit. I was mad though. Curry stepped up to the plate, true MVP.

Two people I ran into this evening are going to see MM this weekend. It's definitely buzzing. 

• Like 1

The world is not that perfect and nobody is that bored.

Unfortunately.