kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

You have the advantage of me, sir. I can't comment on something I haven't seen. :lol:

edit: in terms of over-reading, would you not say it's possible that you're giving one element (or one aspect of one element) more focus than it's worth?

I'll admit the more positive elements of themes are given more focus, but I'm just saying, going off of Bird's opinions in interviews and Twitter, I know he's been against dystopian sci-fi in every sense a lot recently, and the themes are definitely in the film. Personally, the fact that it's in there with any focus pisses me off, so it's still really really bad.

It's not the worst movie ever, but the themes are really poorly done for something meant to be uplifting. IDK, take Tele Jr to see it and tell me what you think

EDIT: It also doesn't help that these poor themes are done with such prowess that it makes Nolan look like the king of subtlety. :P

Edited by Blankments

So really there is no "going back to believing the future will be a utopia" because we've never done that. Movies like 1984 are the norm. (how wrong was that one?) But truthfully, if anyone made any movie about the future over the past 150 years....reality would have exceeded the most optimistic scenarios most of the time. We never seem to notice how much we've improved our existence.....like...doubling our lifespans in 150 years. We could definitely use more optimism since that's how it's actually played out. The doomsayers have been wrong 100% of the time.

1984 was a warning rather than a prophecy - I doubt Orwell gave too much to the actual future beyond switching around the last two digits of the year he write it in.

Although it's not the same as dystopia, a few writers have posited that our obsession with post apocalyptic media (eg The Walking Dead, disaster movies, etc) stems from our desire to level the playing field, ie. envisage a world where money and therefore uneven distribution of wealth are obsolete. If there's any truth to that it may have become more acute over the last few years given the global recession.

Edited by Hatebox

I can't even log onto BOM anymore. No, I physically can, don't worry the url is still up, I'm just choosing not too atm, that is so embarrassing. They reallyyy don't give a fuck anymore.

I swear, Keith is the only one running the site. I bet he's he's at his house eating Doritos and playing Madden going "I swear I'll update the numbers once this quarter is over...shit just went into overtime. Damn it, Payton! Interception, game over. What was I about to do again?"

oof.

• Like 4

Take a look at PP2's Friday and Sat numbers. Hillarious.

I know a lot of people didn't like PP2, but I never suspected it would die out that quickly. I mean a 75.2 drop on Friday? WHOA! That's crazy. :lol:

• Like 3

What the hell is this?

1 N Tomorrowland BV $32,972,000 - 3,972 - $8,301 $32,972,000 $190 1 2 1 Pitch Perfect 2 Uni. $30,830,000 -55.5% 3,560 +87 $8,660 $109,597,000 - 2 3 2 Mad Max: Fury Road WB $24,815,000 -45.4% 3,722 +20 $6,667 $88,255,000 $150 2 - N Poltergeist (2015) Fox $22,600,000 - 3,240 - $6,975 $22,589,000 - 1 4 3 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $21,691,000 -44.2% 3,727 -549 $5,820 $404,861,000 $250 4 5 7 The Age of Adaline LGF $15,000,000 +365.9% 1,643 -980 $9,130 $39,900,000 - 5

I don't know, I've never done that before. But I'll give it a try.

I just want to thank you for updating the thread with numbers.

Also, thanks to Tele for editing the title.

Edited by kayumanggi

I don't know, I've never done that before. But I'll give it a try.

Your numbers are better than BOM's. Keep doing what youre doing. Thanks for updating.

If yall want her to paste the link or embed, then show her how to do it? Shar has been pretty reliable, shes not the one to post fake numbers. The way BOM is now ($15M for Adeline, da fuckery...) be glad someones taking the time to keep up with these threads. Ease off her a bit.

• Like 3

I don't understand how whoever running Mojo even thinks logically about the numbers he put. Adaline randomly increased massively? Shouldn't he double check something? I don't really know where to go for numbers now.

I don't understand how whoever running Mojo even thinks logically about the numbers he put. Adaline randomly increased massively? Shouldn't he double check something? I don't really know where to go for numbers now.

It shouldve been obvious from Keith's first weekend report that he doesnt go back and read what he types. This is just something we're going to have to accept at this point. We talked junk about Ray, but now its clear as day how time and effort he really did put into BOM. We took him for granted a lot.

Luckily for us theres other sources. I know BOM is (was) the neatest, but we still have more options.

• Like 1