CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

Yikes.  Not to my taste... How did they score Johansson and Hemsworth for this??   Flop incoming? (September??) to be followed by the inevitable "serious" reboot more in the tone of the original 1986 animated movie.  I'll keep my Nelson Shin/Vince DiCola/Orson Welles Unicron joint, thanks! 

Edited by Macleod

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yikes.  Not to my taste... How did they score Johansson and Hemsworth for this??   Flop incoming? (September??) to be followed by the inevitable "serious" reboot more in the tone of the original 1986 animated movie.  I'll keep my Nelson Shin/Vince DiCola/Orson Welles Unicron joint, thanks! 

Go rewatch the 1986 movie and tell me again how “serious” it is. A few robots dying in a 5 minute stretch is surrounding by constant jokes, quips, and one-liners. 

We’ve had 7 self-serious Transformers movie. I think this is a refreshing change of pace.

I think this out-grossed Bumblebee and RotB.

• Like 1

I would've been more willing to dismiss this as just a trifle that's not aimed at me if it wasn't now intruding on my baby's turf with its release date move

Edited by AniNate

This looks like a big budget version of the Nickelodeon show that’s currently airing, right down to making to Optimus and Megatron’s personalities. 

Also, yeah, scheduling this the same week as The Wild Robot seems like a dick move. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

this is going to flop, if it was a little more mature looking like a Pixar or spider-verse movie then at least it could bring in a teen and young adult crowd, the fact that it's made for a very young audience but releasing just when schools are opening back up is a very stupid decision 

6 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

this is going to flop, if it was a little more mature looking like a Pixar or spider-verse movie then at least it could bring in a teen and young adult crowd, the fact that it's made for a very young audience but releasing just when schools are opening back up is a very stupid decision 

Nah, I could see this doing TMNT mutant mayhem numbers. 

Just wish the release date wasn’t what it is.

The 1986 movie was dead serious by 1986 animation standards. Emphasis on DEAD.  I'm sorry if it doesn't live up to the standards of Nolan's Oppenheimer but it felt "mature" to actually watch as a kid. I very much doubt this movie will have the balls to do what it did.

Edited by MightyDargon

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 1:10 AM, MightyDargon said:

The 1986 movie was dead serious by 1986 animation standards. Emphasis on DEAD.  I'm sorry if it doesn't live up to the standards of Nolan's Oppenheimer but it felt "mature" to actually watch as a kid. I very much doubt this movie will have the balls to do what it did.

It was also boring as sin as a kid too. 

Edited by AJG
  • Knock It Off 1

Hmm, apparently they're still embargoed from doing any detailed writeups on it, but I guess I wouldn't rule out a Pixar veteran producing something good out of this.

Hopefully two (maybe three) decent animated movies can coexist through October-November

On 4/18/2024 at 10:46 AM, WittyUsername said:

This looks like a big budget version of the Nickelodeon show that’s currently airing, right down to making to Optimus and Megatron’s personalities. 

Also, yeah, scheduling this the same week as The Wild Robot seems like a dick move. 

From the quality of the animation I have seen, you should omit the words big budget.

This is clearly aimed on the hard core Transformers fanbase, They will turnout, no one else will.

And as for the rumored enthrusiatic reception , how often do we hear about a film having a great reception at some geek gathering or convention, and then it goes on to do poorly at the box office.

I just do not see this breaking out and finding a GA audience.

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

From the quality of the animation I have seen, you should omit the words big budget.

This is clearly aimed on the hard core Transformers fanbase, They will turnout, no one else will.

And as for the rumored enthrusiatic reception , how often do we hear about a film having a great reception at some geek gathering or convention, and then it goes on to do poorly at the box office.

I just do not see this breaking out and finding a GA audience.

There was TMNT mutant mayhem, which went through the same processes as this film; like, premiering at Annecy.