#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

It should do more than $70m more WW.

It made $34m last week O/S and I think China did about $15m. Could do $30-40m more O/S w/o Japan.

$25m in Japan minimum ($20m less than the first made)

$30m more in the U.S.

34m - China (15m) = 19m. China is pretty much done now And other territories are winding down. I didn't realize Japan was still left, but even with Japan I see 50m more OS and 30m DOM. It'll be over/under 1.4B by 10m give or take. 1.425 has no chance whatsoever.

• Like 1

That country has the strangest release schedule of all. Why stagger releases so much? I don't get it.

Because they don't have piracy issues there. So a movie can still be a hit even if it opens one year after every other country around the world.

Because they don't have piracy issues there. So a movie can still be a hit even if it opens one year after every other country around the world.

I get there's very little piracy, but what's the point in waiting? Why not release it when the whole world is talking about it?

• Like 1

To see Bird squirm is no fun. But at least he hasn't lost hope and is sticking by his movie. I rather see him take a risk and fail then to have him not taken the risk.

The Iron Giant -- 97% RT

The Incredibles -- 97% RT

Ratatouille -- 96% RT

MI: Ghost Protocol -- 93% RT

Tomorrowland 49% RT

Average: 87% RT.

He's like that A student who can afford to fail and still come up on top!

Critics seem to be harsh to live action Disney films (or just live action family films)-though family films never really got better or worse depends on who you ask is all! (Such as family films that are classics when I was young were hated then) but that's another topic. (I think Disney is afraid to release a non Pirates film that is PG-13 now)
Anyway-next week looks boring, bring on JP4!

I think Disney is afraid to release a non Pirates film that is PG-13 now

Really? I wouldn't even bet on Pirates continuing after the fifth film. Depp can't do it forever, and without him the franchise doesn't exist.

Pirates 5 will tank, won't hit 200m unless the film gets exceptional WoM. Bird will bounce back big with TI2.

Pirates 5 will probably still make a fortune overseas. I mean the reason why the fifth film got greenlit in the first place, was because of how much money OST made worldwide.

Edited by Insidearcher