San Andreas (2015)

42 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This movie is beyond cheesy but damn is it fun. I had a fucking blast. This movie is non stop and it knows exactly what it is.

Best way to discribe how awesome the movie is the tidal wave scene. Right when they finally get to the top and are just about to beat the wave before it crashes a giant cargo ship comes over the edge and they have to dodge the propellers then once avoiding near death again allllll of the shipping containers come crashing down and they have to zig zag around them like a video game.

Just a great job at constant upping the stakes in a set peice. Plus people just get fucking smashed left and right it's great.

The mom is genuinely great in this and the Rock is getting much better at one liners.

Surprised I'm giving this a thumbs up.

truely a turn your brain off your problems don't think and get popcorn summer movie.

B+ (87)

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 2

I really a good, fun time watching this. It isn't high art cinema, but not every movie has to be to be enjoyable. The Rock was good as always and I enjoyed the action.

I would give it a.......

B+(88)

Edited by Empire Out
  • Like 1

The perfect summer film.  I loved it from the opening scene where the blond hottie has to be rescued as she dangles over a cliff and we get to see some cleavage shots.  This is the reason I love summer movies, not the cleavage, but this movie.  It's bold, brash, entertaining, funny, is filled with beautiful people and it follows a perfect formula.  I had a big goofy grin on my face the entire time.  To me it was a blend of Titanic, Armageddon, TDAT, Twister and Towering Inferno/Poseiden Adventure.  I absolutely adore this film.

9/10

• Like 6

That's not to say it wasn't entertaining.

I thought they changed signage so it looked like it was in America. He crash landed the helicopter into a Ray's Outdoors store. That's a big retail chain here. We actually had their buyers in at work this week.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

I give it a solid B. As a disaster film, it delivered. The only thing I thought was actually bad was the character of Daniel. He wasn't developed enough as a villain and his ending was stupid. He just stood there and got hit with something. They should have had him go to his building at the end and sent him off after a fight scene with the Rock.

Just got back from the 3D showing of it, I must I actually really liked this movie more than I actually thought I would I liked the story, I really liked the characters(besides Ioan Grufford I was glad he got smashed and had a smile on my face when he died), and I also really liked the special effects and the scenes of destruction and of how it was done much better what we got in 2012 or even Into The Storm(which I also liked). And also was just it or me or did it appear that Ollie kid(ben's brother) wanted to get down Alexandra Daddario's pants? If so I don't blame him, anyway I really liked this movie will get on bluray for sure grade:high B+

• Like 1

Just got back from the 3D showing of it, I must I actually really liked this movie more than I actually thought I would I liked the story, I really liked the characters(besides Ioan Grufford I was glad he got smashed and had a smile on my face when he died), and I also really liked the special effects and the scenes of destruction and of how it was done much better what we got in 2012 or even Into The Storm(which I also liked). And also was just it or me or did it appear that Ollie kid(ben's brother) wanted to get down Alexandra Daddario's pants? If so I don't blame him, anyway I really liked this movie will get on bluray for sure grade:high B+

When you were 12, were you not fascinated by hot women?

• Like 1

After she gave him her phone number for her brother, he said he couldn't wait to be 20. Answer is obviously yes.

• Like 1

I asked for big, crazy, summer fun, and, well, I got it! Honestly, it's not even worth criticizing movies like these unless they become so infatuated with themselves to the point of being overlong, boring, and possibly pretentious, but San Andreas knows where the line is and doesn't cross it. That's pretty respectable.

• Like 3