Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Yeah, there has been the lack of a true breakout barring American Sniper so far. Pretty much been the preordained movies doing more or less wage was expected domestically. Need some movies to be huge unexpectedly.

I would say Furious 7 exceeded most expectations as well. I was predicting $115-120m.

• Like 2

Yeah, there has been the lack of a true breakout barring American Sniper so far. Pretty much been the preordained movies doing more or less wage was expected domestically. Need some movies to be huge unexpectedly.

Spongebob? Kingsman? Furious 7? Home?

• Like 5

Spongebob? Kingsman? Furious 7? Home?

Apart from Furious 7 would you call any of them a blockbuster level breakout? They all did well, but not that well that they became the movie everyone was talking about.

Thank god the Spy posters weren't weirdly photoshopped like the last Feig/McCarthy movie...

o-THE-HEAT-570.jpg?1

Hahahahaha!!!! how did I never see/remember this poster?! Was it the main one? Edited by AplandRey

I really needed Fifty Shades to cross $100m for the 3-day and AS was huge and although the money goes towards 2015's cumulative it is still a 2014 movie.

The infamous 50 Shades weekend, with it beating Star Wars's OW (thanks CJohn for ramping up expectations to an unrealistic degree)

• Like 1

The infamous 50 Shades weekend, with it beating Star Wars's OW (thanks CJohn for ramping up expectations to an unrealistic degree)

I DIDN'T FORCED ANYONE TO BELIEVE, OK?!?!?!?

I will admit, my expectations (especially after the fandango stats came out) became unrealistic as well. But $100 3-day was still doable. It made it to $87m, just needed a little push. Maybe more peen shots could have got the wom to increase just enough to get it there.

All I know is that two days ago four different people asked me if I wanted to watch JW with them.

My sister, who never watched the original, asked me to get it for her so she'll be "prepared".

The hype is there.

She's never seen Jurassic Park? Oh my gosh, I envy her when she watches it for the first time especially if she's young enough to not have been inundated with tons of parodies of the shaking cup scene.

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

Keith Simanton has reached new levels...

Entourage, which was so buried under negative reviews labeling the film "misogynist" you had to wonder if critics had *seen* the original HBO show, sputtered to a weak and disappointing $10.5M and fourth place.

Keith, no one is interested in your opinion. Report on box office, not complain about feminism.

• Like 3