K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Well, some thought TA1 would have a shot at the opening weekend record. JW however is literally out of the blue, nobody even hinted they thought it had a chance at the record.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

Well, some everyone thought TA2 would have a shot at the opening weekend record. JW however is literally out of the blue, nobody even hinted they thought it had a chance at the record.

http://variety.com/2015/data/box-office/digital-tracking-age-of-ultron-shatters-avengers-box-office-weekend-record-1201485686/

It literally doesn’t get any bigger than this! “Age of Ultron” is finally here, and it’s all set to shatter the box office opening weekend record of $207.4 million, set three years ago by the first “Avengers.” Anticipation is at a fever pitch among fans, thanks to Marvel’s incredibly strong brand and a mighty marketing campaign, which will combine to smash the old record by $20 million.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2015/data/box-office/digital-tracking-age-of-ultron-shatters-avengers-box-office-weekend-record-1201485686/

It literally doesn’t get any bigger than this! “Age of Ultron” is finally here, and it’s all set to shatter the box office opening weekend record of $207.4 million, set three years ago by the first “Avengers.” Anticipation is at a fever pitch among fans, thanks to Marvel’s incredibly strong brand and a mighty marketing campaign, which will combine to smash the old record by $20 million.

Let's just call AOU the anti-Jurassic World

• Like 1

Well, some thought TA1 would have a shot at the opening weekend record. JW however is literally out of the blue, nobody even hinted they thought it had a chance at the record.

What idiot wrote that? Same idiot for Forbes who said "Jurassic World might come in a bit over my $100 million prediction, around $115 or $120 million".

Damn fools.

• Like 1

You thought it was going to do 210m?

Then again what do I know, I predicted 130m lol.

I said Thursday when it received 216,000 tweets I thought the record would be in play.

I hope not, because they'll never recover from this record breaking failure.

But with a different lead actor, would it have broken the record? I mean, Chris Pratt was one of the reasons I was excited about JW.

• Like 1

What idiot wrote that? Same idiot for Forbes who said "Jurassic World might come in a bit over my $100 million prediction, around $115 or $120 million".

Damn fools.

Let's not be revisionists here, 80% of the people on this board would've said the same thing if they were in charge of that Variety article. No need to call this guy an idiot.

• Like 2

Still long ass lines and sellouts being reported on Twitter for 10 PM and later shows on the West Coast. I think 58+ is happening.

Did you see the latest? Shock over it being sold out. Do these people not talk to anyone? They're on Twitter, do they not see any news somehow?