K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

You guys make me feel so old. :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

I skipped class and sneaked out of my school with a few enthusiastic friends to see JP. I was in HIGH SCHOOL. :mellow:

Best time in theatre for all of us btw. I even went to see it for the second time, it's the first time in my life to see the same movie twice in theatre.

I was 18 as well. I liked JP but did not love it. I loved Ford's fugitive back then even more :-)

To me best movie of 1993 was Groundhog day. It never gets old to me.

• Like 1

The fudge arguments get so old.  It's part of the deal when tracking BO.  People need to give it up already.

You have to admit it's funny as hell though. TF2 had actuals reported when they decided to fudge...and the excuse was Puerto Rico. Hilarious. The weekend report has the most famous asterisk on Box Office Mojo, haha.

The fudge for $100m on TF4 was just stupid. Who cares about 100m anymore? It's chump change next to all these huge openings we have seen in the last 5-10 years.

• Like 1

And? Game of Thrones is their biggest series ever. The fifth season premiere scored 8 million viewers, way more than any other episode of the Sopranos and SATC.

Wrong. GOT is nowhere near what the Sopranos was. The biggest episode of the Sopranos got 13.4 million.

You have to admit it's funny as hell though. TF2 had actuals reported when they decided to fudge...and the excuse was Puerto Rico. Hilarious. The weekend report has the most famous asterisk on Box Office Mojo, haha.

The fudge for $100m on TF4 was just stupid. Who cares about 100m anymore? It's chump change next to all these huge openings we have seen in the last 5-10 years.

Sony's retroactive decrease of SM3's midnights has gotta be in the "most infamous" conversation as well.

:lol: :lol:  

I was 18 as well. I liked JP but did not love it. I loved Ford's fugitive back then even more :-)

To me best movie of 1993 was Groundhog day. It never gets old to me.

I was and ALWAYS be a slave to visual effects. :lol:  :lol: The first movie that could match JP in the fun factor was ID4.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Totally agree.  The TF2 is the gold standard and I remember that weekend on Mojo vividly.  Great times.

I'm just saying there are cases of that happening all the time and it's impossible to prove. It's just part of the culture.

Universal doesn't fudge.

If they did F7 would have hit $150, F&F6 would have hit $100 anf F7F would have broke the studio record held by TLW.

I don't think there is a fudge as I see 210 for jw.

However hypothetical think about if a movie is just near identical to OW record ..I think many studios would be sneaky about that.