K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It is not that baffling.

Just imagine tf2 with 3d and a better movie.

Would open to 200+ and do over 500 domestic.

Seeing as TF2 pretty much matched TDK's 5-day opening, you could say it just needed to be a much better movie to hit 500. No 3D or inflation necessary. But it made half its money in 5 days because...well...it wasn't that good of a movie.

What's up dude?? Long time no see.. B) 

Getting back in the movie groove, I have only been to the cinema once since February (Birdman), and it was to watch AOU this last week, good movie.

Well the opening weekend record in canada is more then safe.

Well thank God for that. Thats important.

You keep repeating the same stuff over and over. Didnt do well in Canada...didnt set admission record...blah blah blah. Sour grapes much?

• Like 3

Where is here exactly?

Romania. And it is weird because this is the type of movie that usually does well here. The original JP is in Top 10 most attended movies ever. So I really dont get it. The marketing was indeed pretty bad and they didn't concentrate enough on promoting it towards teenagers, since they are the driving force for movies. That, plus the summer. Summer is ALWAYS the worst time to open a movie here. Like, the whole summer will make less money than the month of December 2014. No one wants to go to the movies when it's sunny outside and we had some very hot days lately. 

Bodes well for SW though, if they dont screw up the marketing.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

I compare jw to tf2 because they are the least fan base driven openers of the modern times.

I'll give credit to TF as a walkup monster, but I don't think it has the universal appeal of JP which is exactly why the legs on this one should be a lot better than what we saw with the TF movies.

Romania. And it is weird because this is the type of movie that usually does well here. The original JP is in Top 10 most attended movies ever. So I really dont get it. The marketing was indeed pretty bad and they didn't concentrate enough on promoting it towards teenagers, since they are the driving force for movies. That, plus the summer. Summer is ALWAYS the worst time to open a movie here. Like, the whole summer will make less money than the month of December 2014. No one wants to go to the movies when it's sunny outside and we had some very hot days lately. 

Bodes well for SW though, if they dont screw up the marketing.

More room for Jurassic World sequels to do better then ;)

• Like 1

Wow, BJ not enamored by a new box office record, instead i'm sensing displeasure?! Hmm....

:lol: From a BO perspective I like what is happening, I just don't care much either way about the record breaker this time.

• Like 1

Well thank God for that. Thats important.

You keep repeating the same stuff over and over. Didnt do well in Canada...didnt set admission record...blah blah blah. Sour grapes much?

And "such large divergence never existed for mega blockbuster films". How could you miss that? That's the main point. :P

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

Avengers had an incredible opening and awesome run. Jurassic World just went from low 100 tracking to a potential 210 weekend. That is one of the craziest things we've ever seen in box office and it would seem appropriate if there is a new record to go with it.

Completely agree. 

I loved JW and have already watched it twice. Even had I not like it, I would have still loved its BO performance. We are first and foremost movie and box office lovers/ We live for moments like these. 

Based on JPs admissions and JP2s record breaking OW, the potential was there for JW to perform at a very high  level. We just did not see it.

• Like 2