grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

I don't see why that would be so shocking actually. Kids are already out of school and JW made $14 million more on Sunday.

It wouldn't be shocking, but then again if it comes up short of $24.5m then it just goes to show how fucking crazy TDK's Monday really was. Adjusts to about $28m today without 3D or all of the extra IMAX/PLF's that have been built since 2008.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be shocking, but then again if it comes up short of $24.5m then it just goes to show how fucking crazy TDK's Monday really was. Adjusts to about $28m today without 3D or all of the extra IMAX/PLF's that have been built since 2008.

We can blame the Stanley Cup if it comes short. 

• Like 1

Someone might have already took note of this and I didn't see it but has anyone noticed the parallels between Jurassic World and The Phantom Menace? Both are released 22 years after the original and have large gaps between the previous entry (14 for JW, 16 for TPM) and both had the original be re-released in theaters 2 years prior.

JW is on pace to retain a much larger % of the original's audience than TPM did. TPM was still a BO behemoth and no film has sold more tickets since and most likely won't but maybe we're seeing what it could've done if it was better receieved.

We can blame the Stanley Cup if it comes short. 

Love your Avatar, I grew up in Minnesota and had season tickets to the North Stars every years when i was a kid.

Anyhow, enough Sports

Jurassic Rules the WORLD

• Like 1

Fuck no.. $100.00 for a PPV??? And that night, somewhere out there watching this bullshit was Tyson and Holyfield shaking their heads at that pathetic display..

They can shake their heads all they want, they never made $180 million or $120 million on one fight lol.

Someone might have already took note of this and I didn't see it but has anyone noticed the parallels between Jurassic World and The Phantom Menace? Both are released 22 years after the original and have large gaps between the previous entry (14 for JW, 16 for TPM) and both had the original be re-released in theaters 2 years prior.

JW is on pace to retain a much larger % of the original's audience than TPM did. TPM was still a BO behemoth and no film has sold more tickets since and most likely won't but maybe we're seeing what it could've done if it was better receieved.

Excel actually made this point about the 22 year gap and Star Wars/TPM in his article for WOKJ. He predicted on Thursday that it would break the record.

Are they not aware TA had a higher 3D share?

It was 4% dude, that ends up being like  2.5 million difference at most 

I think its a discussion not worth having. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Jurassic world is awesome!! Deserves every penny. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching Jurassic Park.

I was 5 or 6 when it came out, did not see it fully till like a few years ago. 

It was 4% dude, that ends up being like  2.5 million difference at most 

I think its a discussion not worth having. 

Right, and 2D ticket price inflation has been stagnant recently so call it a wash between the two.

But for crying out loud, for the amount of $$$ they made, they could've at least ended the fight in a K.O.. No 2 ways about it for that kind of $$$$.. When Holyfield and Tyson fought(the 1st time), it was a war.. Holyfield outclassed Tyson, out boxed Tyson, and was simply the better man that night.. Mayweather for making what he did could've put on a better performance.. Needless to say, if and whenever there is a rematch, which no one will give 2 fucks about, it'll be for FREE on SHOWTIME or HBO..

It was the biggest con job since Bernie Madoff. Glad I didn't pay to watch it.

i think after monday number comes in we ll see if this is another TA or something more like miini avatar.

Like lord said JW plays will all families even kids 5 years old and parents does TA do the same?

I think right now the 90 s generation born in end 70s or early 80 wants to remenber a belloved film and the new generation want to experience in theater. So it s a phenomenon nothing less.

• Like 1

I am glad I got to be apart of it. 

It was a day I'll never forget.  6/11/15 On the 22nd Anniversary of the original I watched "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World" in the afternoon and saw the 7PM 3D IMAX first show packed of "Jurassic World".  My 13th Record Breaker thus far.  

Jurassic world is awesome!! Deserves every penny. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching Jurassic Park.

I was 22, but i was in the NAVY,

so i was young..........