grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

I fail to see how JW being the 4th entry (not sequel) in 22 years makes it less special than a film that was the culmination of 5 previous films in 4 years.

Simple. The five previous films of the past 4 years did not have the team ups in every movie.

Right after TPM finished its initial run, this is what the Top 10 looked like:

bjqakfP.png

As I said, 400 was even more rare at the time than 600 is today. Original Star Wars was only over 400 due to a re-release in 1997. TPM was just the second film to reach 400 in its original run along with Titanic.

And just like JP4, TPM was the 4th movie in a 22 year old franchise with a ton of nostalgia. I just think it's a credit to the original films and shouldn't be poo-pooed. Besides, JP4 is probably not going to get to 600 anyway.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

I remain in awe of Titanic's $600 million gross as it completely obliterated anything that had come before it.

Even using the word obliterate to describe the box-office records Titanic smashed seems like an understatement.

For the movie to not only gross over $400, $450, $500, $525, $550, $575, $600 million during an initial run when the nearest total gross for a movie during an initial run was about $250 million less is mind-blowing.

• Like 1

And I have to say, I'm getting the feeling JW will cross the $600m mark by the time it's done. It's a fun crowd pleaser that is enjoyable to re watch and it still has two more weekends before direct competition from Terminator (which I can't see making much more than $50m max OW). Also, the "biggest opening" buzz will surely up the curiosity factor for those who were more hesitant to go see the movie.

I remain in awe of Titanic's $600 million gross as it completely obliterated anything that had come before it.

Even using the word obliterate to describe the box-office records Titanic smashed seems like an understatement.

For the movie to not only gross over $400, $450, $500, $525, $550, $575, $600 million during an initial run when the nearest total gross for a movie during an initial run was about $250 million less is mind-blowing.

There was a time I questioned whether it would ever be beaten. Granted I was young then and didn't fully understand inflation, nor could have predicted 3D.

Just in case anyone missed it:

Rth liked this post of mine:

Was that the real Rth and when did he like your post?

Would it break another record if it stayed flat?

BTW don't want to turn this into Godzilla tread but it was one of my favourite movies last year. What a great thriller.

Edited by KATCH 22

i watch close encounter of the third kind:D

Lol in french it s strange cause the assistant of the french guy (lacombe) translate in the US version but in french he says the same thing but

in a bad way very weird :D was  first time since 15 years i see the movie :D

When does Rth show up? soon?