jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

Calling a critic an expert on film is like calling a prostitute an expert on dick.

Movies and dick are just a matter of opinion.

• Like 6

So JW is basically slaughtering all comic book movie records...

:mellow:

As it should be. Dinosaurs appeal to a broader range of people. JP1 sold about 15 million more tickets than any superhero movie. It is shocking though that a supposedly dead franchise has come storming back to life like this so quickly.

• Like 1

But, he's an executive producer. Trust me, I'd love it if he decided to direct the next one. He was executive producer for...

Transformers 2 - $200M+

Transformers 3 - $190M+

Transformers 4 - $210M+

...At the very least, I expect a $210M+ production budget for the next Jurassic.

He is still very much a filmmaker when producing or executive producing and with many other studios, *cough* sony *cough*, the budgets on those films would have likely ballooned. Spectre and the last Spider-Man increased big time. Edited by Clavius

Ah... Well, I thought the dino mayhem was what made it special. That's what the folks are showing up for... That and some dopey, winking character touches. It's my understanding that Trevorrow is not returning to direct, no? If so, a lot of what people believe made this one special, aside from dinos chomping unsuspecting tourists, dinos chomping bumbling park workers and dino on dino carnage, is already gone. So... May as well throw some money at it. Might be too soon, but Universal can actually do better than Trevorrow and his writing team. Hopefully in realizing that they hire an individual that'll give us an even juicier product to sink our teeth into...

If I'm Universal I hire a trustworthy scribe and get Gore Verbinski behind the camera. Just don't allow him the freedom he had with Lone Ranger. The guy knows how to work with a charismatic, charming and goofy lead. Did so in bringing the Pirates trilogy to life. Also, knows how to helm a movie with some of the more impressive visual effects, action set pieces and epic scope. Did so with Dead Man's Chest especially. Like I said, just keep a leash on him.

Verbinski? That would be amazing. With him in charge they could definitely continue the wonderful world building of this film and fix some of the character issues. Verbinski would definitely produce a more intelligent film than the franchise has ever had