#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Midnight over here. Jeez, at least 2 ou 3 hours until Rth gives his first estimates...

slide_321105_3009299_free.gif

Well, Hannibal time, which will help kill 1 hour! Episode 3! It is a shame ratings have been garbage this season so far.

Just to prevent potential disappointment remember you also said $3.7 million in previews locked at least $37 million on OD. (No more than 10% of the OD gross.)

We all know you can't stand IO doing this well, but don't even try to twist my words. Find a quote where I said it was locked, I dare you.

It's going to drop even harder when the actuals come in.

You again? Nice try. I meant in the positive way.

JW only fell 15% from Saturday to Saturday in Hong Kong, it's gong to have the biggest 2nd weekend ever in Australia, is falling no more than 35% in the UK and is INCREASING in Germany in its second weekend.

• Like 1

Imma pull out one part of Tele's post, since what he says otherwise is generally correct.

No one can tell you (or anyone else) not to be offended by something, but just because you're offended DOESN'T AUTOMATICALLY MAKE IT WRONG.

This is delving into the territory about intent. What you're effectively saying is that if someone does something offensive but did not intend harm, then we can't hold them accountable for their offending actions. And that's pretty terrible when you really consider it. Someone was hurt and the lack of intent doesn't mean that the hurt is somehow less.

For an analogy, say someone steps on your foot really hard, enough to cause an amount of pain and they keep walking, oblivious that they've done so. You call out to them that they hurt your foot and then they turn around and say that they didn't intend to do so, therefore it wasn't wrong of them. Kinda ludicrous, right?

Even if our actions cause harm without intent, we need to acknowledge that we have still caused the harm and endeavor to correct against repeating the behavior. If we're not doing that, if we're insisting that it is our right to be harmful and offensive without repercussion, then we're effectively saying that we have lost empathy for other people.

Now, discussions about causing harm tend to be fraught with difficulty. The methods of calling out problematic behavior are hard to navigate. But it still requires us to identify and point out said behavior.

• Like 3

So surely this June is taking the record now right? 

PSA: Gone Girl premieres on HBO tonight.

Seen it 3 times already. Guess I'll shoot for 4. Man theres really something about that movie. Even though you know the twist, it still holds up very well with rewatch.

• Like 1

We all know you can't stand IO doing this well, but don't even try to twist my words. Find a quote where I said it was locked, I dare you.

You said it wasn't going under $37 million. And I love Pixar, with few exceptions, so GTFO of here with that mess.