#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Jurassic World 3x, Avengers 3x, The Dark Knight Rises 4x, The Dark Knight 5x, Batman Begins 3x, Man of Steel 2x POTC:COBTBP 3x.

BvS....8x (?)

Edited by ExcelFTW

Before home video, you didn't know if you would ever get to see the movie again. Imagine being a person who fell in love with Star Wars in 1977. You'd probably go see it dozens upon dozens of times because you weren't sure there would be another chance.

This is partially why I consider Titanic the best run of all-time. It achieved unbelievable ticket sales even in an era where everyone knew walking in that we could rent the movie or buy it at some point.

Yeah... but they were a lot cheaper back then:

viewmaster_red_with_reel.jpg

Thats what me and TELE used to watch films when we were kids. You couldn't just download to your Iphone.....kids

• Like 1

If I don't see a Nolan movie at least five times in the theater going forward I'd probably commit seppuku due to shame

I'm pretty sure you only saw Interstellar four times in theaters. You ready to do the harakiri. I'll get the sword out. 

• Like 1

I went to college in a tiny town that had $1 Tuesday's so I saw a lot of movies. I also had a friend who worked for the same movie theatre and would do free midnight showings after the theatre closed. I think I saw Twister three or four times in the theatre.

But, where I live now if you go to a showing before noon, in a non-IMAX screen it's only $6. Most of them time I only go once. I've screen JW twice, and I've seen the original three Star Wars movies twice in the movie theatre, and the LOTR trilogy twice. The big special effects movies are better in the theatre than on my TV at home.

I saw it twice. One with friends and another with my parents. Don't worry :lol:

RED starting on TV. I remember it being fun. 

Lol, it's just something about these Transformers movies to me that attracts me to them like flies. Supreme guilty pleasures   :D

Edited by Yandereprime

Before home video, you didn't know if you would ever get to see the movie again. Imagine being a person who fell in love with Star Wars in 1977. You'd probably go see it dozens upon dozens of times because you weren't sure there would be another chance.

This is partially why I consider Titanic the best run of all-time. It achieved unbelievable ticket sales even in an era where everyone knew walking in that we could rent the movie or buy it at some point.

Even then, there's a huge-ass difference between watching something on VHS on your 30" CRT TV at home and seeing it in a THX-certified theater.

• Like 3

return of the king 13 times !!! that oscar effect i felt the need to celebrate all those noms lol

most other films i top out between 4-7 times 

i'm already at 4 with JW ehhh i think i prefer it in 3D ! I want to go see AoU again coz i feel like it might be winding down in theaters less showing and no 3D anymore 

Edited by Mistress of RDJ TONY STARK

This is something people often don't get.

Movies at the top of the adjusted list (Gone With the Wind, Sound of Music, etc.) had such a huge advantage because they had multiple releases and people didn't have a way to view these things at home. It's a reason why Avatar is the closest we will ever get to a film coming close to the top 10 adjusted.

Even then, there's a huge-ass difference between watching something on VHS on your 30" CRT TV at home and seeing it in a THX-certified theater.

Exactly right. The gap back then between home entertainment and theatrical presentation was off the charts. Nowadays if I can't see a big movie in RPX I feel ripped off. Charge me $10 for a 20 foot screen. My HDTV is big enough and doesn't have screaming kids or texting/talking adults and teenagers.

• Like 2