#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Funny that we're talking about who lead of the film was, because that was one of the films biggest problems was that it refused to chose a lead

I never thought that was a problem. I think that BDH was clearly the lead. Pratt didn't have much of an arc and his character never exceeded an expectations. He was just marketed because he is a box office pull. There were many other problems however...

BDH's character was awful

Best character in the franchise after Goldblum as far as I'm concerned. Would've probably liked the movie a lot less w/o her. I'm also thrilled she finally landed herself in a blockbuster role that paid off. I've liked her since The Village, but minus The Help she's pretty much been in films that got toxic reception and have hurt her chances of becoming a star.

• Like 5

I never thought that was a problem. I think that BDH was clearly the lead. Pratt didn't have much of an arc and his character never exceeded an expectations. He was just marketed because he is a box office pull. There were many other problems however...

She has an arc (a weak one) but the movie doesn't really put any focus on her character. TBH the two kids should have been the leads and you can cut BDH and Pratt out of the movie and I think we have a more interesting film about two people who are simply trying to survive the events and not focus on trying to stop them

has any definitive sat number came in for JW? and any sunday #'s at all yet?

The daily estimates are up. $39.4 million for Saturday. Sunday is projected with a very large 15% decline to $33.4 million. Friday went up a tad to $29.2 million.

She has an arc (a weak one) but the movie doesn't really put any focus on her character. TBH the two kids should have been the leads and you can cut BDH and Pratt out of the movie and I think we have a more interesting film about two people who are simply trying to survive the events and not focus on trying to stop them

:blink:

That would have been awful if the two kids were the only main characters. They were just tolerable as it was. Anymore of them would have been annoying for sure.

Best character in the franchise after Goldblum as far as I'm concerned. Would've probably liked the movie a lot less w/o her. I'm also thrilled she finally landed herself in a blockbuster role that paid off. I've liked her since The Village, but minus The Help she's pretty much been in films that got toxic reception and have hurt her chances of becoming a star.

I liked her performance in the movie and she was gorgeous in that sweaty tank top.

• Like 1