#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Well my choices for BP in the past decade out of the nominees:

2014: Sniper

2013: Gravity

2012: Django

2011: Hugo

2010: TS3 (or True Grit)

2009: Up

2008: Ben Button

2007: Atonement (don't look at me-I only have seen that and Juno out of the 5 films)

2006: Little Miss Sunshine

2005: Munich

I really don't even think the AoU backlash was that bad. Most people seemed to like it, it's just kinda forgettable in the context of the Marvel canon with a couple wtf subplot choices.

It just seems bad cuz the Marvelites who've been going on and on about how it would crush everything and be the best movie ever conveniently disappeared

Well I can't comment on AOU itself because I didn't care enough to see it, but I don't think BO really has much to do with people's perceptions of movies.  Afterall, reviews for AOU weren't as good as the first one.

I'm saying the same people you saw hyping up Ultron have slowly turned to laughing at Ultron. Not everyone, but that's kind of the general feeling. Theres definately a "ehh, whatever" type feeling, hence AOU grossing $450, but doing so quietly, but at the same time no doubt its turned into a punchline that you wouldn't have imagine.

Oh no, how could you? 

Nah, I'm not gonna attack you for placing TGBH that low. My top 20 also consists of a lot of mainstream and popular blockbusters. Nothing wrong with that.  :)  ;)

tumblr_n1bik3egG61qj4315o1_500.gif

I am not so sure of that. The first time I saw it I agreed with your perception. Second time around there seemed to be smirking from both of them in that scene. I think there is a lot of self-awareness infused into this movie not just from the actors but the director too.

I think it was one of those things where they go in wanting to poke fun at the tropes and culture surrounding these movies but kinda fall into those tropes as the movie goes on. You can definitely seem moments of self-awareness but they come and go

we don't

we are all in the THEATER as we type all this stuff.

I live at the CINEMA

Should I make a run for it before I'm in too deep?

Lives? What is that?

;)

I don't know. But according to Water Bottle, cats have nine of them. Lucky beasties.

• Like 2

I'm saying the same people you saw hyping up Ultron have slowly turned to laughing at Ultron. Not everyone, but that's kind of the general feeling. Theres definately a "ehh, whatever" type feeling, hence AOU grossing $450, but doing so quietly, but at the same time no doubt its turned into a punchline that you wouldn't have imagine.

I wouldn't call it a punchline but it is amazing that a $460m grosser could do it so quietly. JP4 just stole all of Thor and company's thunder.

I wouldn't call it a punchline but it is amazing that a $460m grosser could do it so quietly. JP4 just stole all of Thor and company's thunder.

With the quick nostalgia turnaround these days, by the time Avengers 4 comes out we'll be talking about nostalgia for Avengers 1 being one of the driving factors  :P

• Like 1

When self-awareness comes down to, "Look, we know this is really stupid, we c'mon, we KNOW it's stupid and we're gonna do it anyway", that's not much of an excuse. :lol:

skynet.jpg

self-awareness