#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I do think Pirates got the short end of the stick releasing third of that bunch. I remember standing in line for it and hearing a mom/son tell me that they were extremely disappointed with Spidey/Shrek. I wonder how many moviegoers who were turned off by the first two decided it simply wasn't worth spending more money that month on another big sequel with mediocre critical reception.

ye studios messed up big in 2007, that year was supposed to be big...the trilogy year! pirates on december would let the market breath early summer... and probably all numbers would be higher that year!

Lmao TDAT wasn't predicted to earn much more than 45m during its opening back in the day and Pixar movies tend to open to 60m+

Matter of fact, its performing just like Incredibles, monsrers inc and Finding nemo, 3 other original Pixar movies which adjusted with inflation all opened higher than IO, and thats wothout taking 3d into account. You clearly lack knowledge if you're going to ignore that the fact TDAT only adjusts lower due to 3d prices. TDAT shocked everyone with its opening back then, more so than IO's today, you clearly weren't tracking box office back then. TDAT'S opening is more impressive, that's a fact

First of all stop using these psycho techniques to make others lose confidence. Secondly I know that 3D's to be considered, but still I don't trust BOM enough to believe that 68m would turn to 89m in the first place in just a decade (thats a 30% increase!) Still even if we believe that they opened equal, TDAT was still much more appealing to the audience. Even if people expected less, they just underestimated its appeal. For an original animated movie based on such an abstract concept to come out so big infront of a humongous movie with OW record and now also 2nd weekend record and also covering all the headlines, is definitely a bigger thing, although Shrek was pretty good too. As for it opening close to the original Pixar movies of a decade ago, I already said that the 'Pixar brand' is not held as high, not even close to it, as it was back then, in its prime. Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

I don't trust BOM enough to beloeve that 68m would turn to 89m in the first place in just a decade (thats a 30% increase!)

The average price on BOM comes straight from the theater owners (National Association of Theater Owners...NATO).

Edited by redfirebird2008

Pratt and RDJ simply like to make kids happy.. Shame on them.. :rolleyes: Sarcasm mode by the way..

Don't forget earlier, as part of their Superbowl bet Pratt and Chris Evans showed up to hospitals in Seattle and Boston dressed as Star Lord and Captain America. 

• Like 3

Looks like Jessica Chastain

I wonder if Jessica Chastain is a bit pissed off that her doppelganger is basically the star of a billion dollar movie. Meanwhile she's doing The Huntsman?  It's like they switched careers. This must be an alternate universe. 

Edited by babz06

The average price on BOM comes straight from the theater owners (National Association of Theater Owners...NATO).

And it's relatively close to the figure the Bureau of Labor Statistics has, given the upcharge of 3D

Edited by tribefan695

I wonder if Jessica Chastain is a bit pissed off that her doppelganger is basically the star of a billion dollar movie. Meanwhile she's doing The Huntsman? It's like they switched careers. This must be an alternate universe.

Nah,.why would she bother to waste her time playing such a weak character

I know that (its been mentioned quite a few times before) but it still seems too high to me... A 30% increase in a decade? Maybe its correct but I still see IO's opening as a bigger win.

I know that (its been mentioned quite a few times before) but it still seems too high to me... A 30% increase in a decade? Maybe its correct but I still see IO's opening as a bigger win.

Inflation is a scary thing for sure. CPI calculator on the U.S. government website says $1 in 1987 was equal to $2 in 2012. That is scary as fuck to me. That means 25 years from now my cost of living will double. And then it will double again after another 25 years. I live pretty frugally but that means even a cheap existence 50 years from now would cost me over $100,000 per year.

There was almost a 50% increase between 1994 and 2004.

I think most people would agree

Nah,.why would she bother to waste her time playing such a weak character

I dont think BDH character was weak though. She suprisingly had the most depth out of all the characters.

Edited by babz06

BDH, Jessica Chastain or Julianne Moore

redheads are just homer-simpson-drooling%20a.jpg

I don't know what it is about redheads. Redhead women look like angels and redhead guys generally look like gargoyles. I say this as a man with many redheads in his family.

• Like 3

Inflation is a scary thing for sure. CPI calculator on the U.S. government website says $1 in 1987 was equal to $2 in 2012. That is scary as fuck to me. That means 25 years from now my cost of living will double. And then it will double again after another 25 years. I live pretty frugally but that means even a cheap existence 50 years from now would cost me over $100,000 per year.

Ideally you'd want your wage to go up too.

I dont think BDH character was weak though. She suprisingly had the most depth out of all the characters.

sure, miss I'm going to randomly make out with Pratt even when nothing has happened that would make us closer is so deep

All of the characters in this film left more to be desired in my opinion

• Like 1