#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Impossible jump? Look at this weekend last year. And his Sunday drop may be too big

On the June 21 weekend of 2013 only one movie in the top 10 jumped more than 35%, on the June 12 only one movie did it too. A 35% jump is highly unlikely. 2014 doesn't exist. 

Edited by CJohn

LOL at the doom and gloom posts. Look at mid/late June last year, it will be surprising if JW doesn't end up around $105 this weekend.

I think it will be closer to the record than people here are expecting, but I also expect Universal to be really conservative with Sunday and estimate a 20-25% drop. Will be funny if it does something crazy and stays close to flat after that kind of estimate.

Lets cry for JW for not hitting 100 mill 2nd weekend lol.

No, I'd rather cry for those people who chose to see IO and CRIED at the movie over a more entertaining movie like JW.

BTW, I don't hate Pixar, just never fond of tear-jerking movies.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 2

I still think STAR WARS: TFA will win the year.

after JW revord opening and record breaking views of both teasers, I think only SKY and quality of SW7 is the LIMIT !

and I am sure after next trailer if we will see Luke with lightsabre, this BOARD WILL EXPLODE and IMPLODE same time :)

• Like 2

On the June 21 weekend of 2013 only one movie in the top 10 jumped more than 35%, on the June 12 only one movie did it too. A 35% jump is highly unlikely. 2014 doesn't exist.

So you're willfully ignorant and ignoring last year?

In fact I just looked at 2014 and only movies at the bottom of the top 10 had a jump over 35%. 

So you're willfully ignorant and ignoring last year?

Edited by CJohn

It is so easy to spot fanboys when they post lol. It's like attack mode all the time.

You've never heard the phrase willfully ignorant?

He was choosing to ignore an entire year.

Edited by PDC1987