#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Someone at KJ said the Tuesday Inside Out shows were playing in 600 theaters. That's a lot. Could easily be over $1m in preview money. Potentially over $5m total with the Thursday money.

Another reason IO is likely dropping notably today. (More than a couple percent.)

Another reason IO is likely dropping notably today. (More than a couple percent.)

I wish Disney had just lumped in Tuesday with Thursday instead of pretending the Tuesday money was part of Friday's regular gross. 600 theaters is not chump change when you are talking about Thursday shows that "only" did $3.7m to begin with.

Edited by redfirebird2008

I've got it at 60M

For five day? That means something like this

Tuesday preshows-3 million

Wednesday-12 million

Thursday-10 million 

Friday-14 million

Saturday-10 million

Sunday-11 million

Those numbers could happen, but I see it doing at least another 5-10 million between those days. T3 made 72 million in five days and Salvation made 65 million in five days.

Given Jurassic World massive break out, that's not out of the question. But right now I'm taking more modest approach. 

I am just going with the Nostalgia factor

It seems to have worked with JW

Terminator is a lot trickier than Jurassic Park. JP1 was never reliant on an amazing story to get the job done. It had the amazing visuals of the dinosaurs and one of the greatest musical scores ever, plus dino rampage. Pretty simple stuff executed very, very well.

T1/T2 have awesome stories. T3 and T4 pretty much flushed the story down the tubes and now there is nowhere good to go with it unless you can get Cameron to fix it himself by retconning the shit out of everything that happened in the previous two sequels.

Tele Jr settling in to watch INSIDE OUT.

ZDLQpIs.jpg

Lucky kid.

My kid has a difficult time at the movies due to his handicap

However, I found a theater that plays it for kids with Autism. They keep the lights on, sound down........  He can't wait.

• Like 11