#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

IO isn't getting a 4x multi, that much I know. I don't doubt WOM is great all around, but people need to put its OW in perspective for a moment and also look at the recent trend of animated multis. I don't think any better WOM was even possible for TS3, yet it stopped under a 3.8x multi because it had such a huge OW. IO's OW is going to be less than 15m below TS3's, so they're opening fairly similarly. And as I said, recent trends for animated multis aren't what they once were. Only the very well received ones are hitting 3.5x multis now and 4x is becoming near impossible barring a small OW. Don't even know what the last big animated film to open on a Friday and get a 4x multi was? BH6 came close but still fell short. Even Frozen would have probably just made it with a Friday opening. So 3.5x is more than a high enough goal for IO to shoot for with that massive OW and current animation multis. That's not even taking into account the havoc Minions could wreak on its late legs. People should prepare now for the possibility of IO not going much above 3.2x or so, even with the WOM.

Having seen it, I'm inclined to agree. It's got a pretty surreal, mood-piece tone that I'm not sure every family will warm up to.

Personally, I think I need to see it again alone. It'll probably break me if I'm not worried about whether the kid next to me is enjoying it or not.

Which is funny, because some of these movies were supposed to come out last year.

I posted it yesterday. 2014 lost everything. Minions, Fast 7, Good Dinosaur, Bond, Juliter Ascedning, Paddington, Spongebob, Fifty Shades of Grey, JURASSIC WORLD, Kingsman, Home, Project Almanac, 7th Son. It was a massacre. And 2014 just didnt have many compelling titles to balance out that loss.

• Like 5

Star Wars - 700m (or higher, or lower, but still the biggest)

Jurassic - 650m

Avengers - 457m

Mockingjay - 375m

Minions - 360m

Inside Out - 360m

Furious 7 - 355m

SEVEN MOVIES outgrossing 2014's biggest release.

Furious Seven is currently #1 film worldwide but could end up at 3rd or 4th. Insane.

Having seen it, I'm inclined to agree. It's got a pretty surreal, mood-piece tone that I'm not sure every family will warm up to.

Personally, I think I need to see it again alone. It'll probably break me if I'm not worried about whether the kid next to me is enjoying it or not.

For what it's worth, my 4 year old nephew sat through it pretty well. Only minor fidgeting in some of the heavier parts. Laughed in quite a few places and he said he liked it when I asked him. I have no idea how much of it he actually "got" though.

• Like 1

Fast 7 shouldve never been scheduled for 2014 anyway. 1 year is too soon.

how many years should they have waited? I felt it was too soon also but that's over now. Time to move on! FF7 was a good movie as I really enjoyed Kurt Russell as a bad ars.....

Edited by Mitch

how many years should they have waited? I felt it was too soon also bu that's over now. Time to move on! FF7 was a good movie as I really enjoyed Kurt Russell as a bad ars.....

No he meant in general, not because of Paul's death.

• Like 1

Variety - 

2 hours ago - just updated

‘Jurassic World’ Headed for $103 Million, ‘Inside Out’ Happy at $84 Million at Weekend B.O.

The power of emotions proved to be serious competition against the power of velociraptors at the box office last night. Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” exceeded early expectations and made $34 million Friday night, beating “Jurassic World” for the evening on its way to becoming one of Pixar’s biggest openings with $84 to $89 million for the weekend.

read more here -

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/jurassic-world-inside-out-box-office-records-saturday-1201524591/

• Like 1

Lucky kid.

My kid has a difficult time at the movies due to his handicap

However, I found a theater that plays it for kids with Autism. They keep the lights on, sound down........  He can't wait.

Yeah, Tele Jr has a tough time sitting through a whole movie. And loud surprises/sounds in the movie still scare him a bit. So it's a process.

• Like 1

So, what are we looking for JW?

$29 million

$42 million

$33.5 million

$104.5 million weekend.

Your Saturday may be a bit too high and your Sunday way too low for FD Sunday.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 2

Variety - 

2 hours ago - just updated

‘Jurassic World’ Headed for $103 Million, ‘Inside Out’ Happy at $84 Million at Weekend B.O.

The power of emotions proved to be serious competition against the power of velociraptors at the box office last night. Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” exceeded early expectations and made $34 million Friday night, beating “Jurassic World” for the evening on its way to becoming one of Pixar’s biggest openings with $84 to $89 million for the weekend.

read more here -

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/jurassic-world-inside-out-box-office-records-saturday-1201524591/

JW actuals

$103,052,273... :ph34r: