#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

They are but the numbers are the numbers. TDK made 80 weekdays, 75 weekend with zero competition. TA made 62 weekdays, 103 weekend with zero competition. JP4 made 87 weekdays, 100+ weekend with a PIXAR movie opening to 95+. That is undeniably impressive compared to the others.

And within the next decade there will likely be many that surpass JW. But that won't make me think JW's performance was any less impressive. It's about the context as well. The 1989 Batman's opening is still stunning imo.

Why wasn't Chris Pratt trying to save more civilians during the attack? 

How come Verizon can't afford to give the island better reception especially during critical plot moments?

• Like 1

I just feel Godzilla had one of the most misleading marketing campaigns ever and the film didn't deliver on the promise of the marketing. Judging by that rubbish multiplier it seems a lot of people agreed with me, but the marketing worked to suck everyone into a movie on opening weekend that should have really been titled MUTO.

And within the next decade there will likely be many that surpass JW. But that won't make me think JW's performance was any less impressive. It's about the context as well. The 1989 Batman's opening is still stunning imo.

I sure as heck did not think a movie that made $25m more in weekday numbers than TA1 would be very close to its second weekend. That record was made to be set/broken by mega releases during school time when a lot of the spillover goes into the second weekend instead of into the summer weekdays. The fact JP4 has enough in the tank to challenge that record is pretty incredible.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

I sure as heck did not think a movie that made $25m more in weekday numbers than TA1 would be very close to its second weekend. That record was made to be set/broken by mega releases during school time when a lot of the spillover goes into the second weekend instead of into the summer weekdays. The fact JP4 has enough in the tank to challenge that record is pretty incredible.

I couldn't agree more.

How come Verizon can't afford to give the island better reception especially during critical plot moments?

How come Indominus Rex wasn't able to communicate with the T-Rex during the battle?

Edited by Insidearcher

is that PER. theater AVG. projection for Mad Max right? on this site $1,826 per

That blows away anything after fifth place.  

father day bump I guess?

2.6 million dollar weekend

passes 300 Rise of an Empire

this week

Edited by Mitch

I think it's gonna be a lot longer than 10 years before "many" films surpass the impressiveness of JW's run to be honest.

JW is doing absolutely insane numbers. Throw in the fact that it is June and it's going against the monster that is IO, then the achievement is even more ludicrous. This is beyond phenomenal. I think we can all agree on that. 

is that PER. theater AVG. projection for Mad Max right? on this site $1,826 per

That blows away anything after fifth place.

father day bump I guess?

2.6 million dollar weekend

passes 300 Rise of an Empire

this week

And gets passed by AOU this weekend. Funny how we keep talking about legs but even PP2 is winning.

JW is doing absolutely insane numbers. Throw in the fact that it is June and it's going against the monster that is IO, then the achievement is even more ludicrous. This is beyond phenomenal. I think we can all agree on that. 

Excel really deserves a lot of credit for his call after seeing it on Thursday night before the opening. He said it was a big time crowd pleaser and would break the record plus have stronger legs than expected from that point. Seems to be coming true on all fronts. Gotta give him credit for recognizing the film's ability to please the average Joe.

• Like 2

And gets passed by AOU this weekend. Funny how we keep talking about legs but even PP2 is winning.

damn bro, can you be more negative

Less theaters,  better PER. theater AVG.

anyhow.... moving along

Edited by Mitch

Travod...remember that time you doubted it would even do 130-135 million?

The legs are good. It's already pulled a 3x multiplier in an era where it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so. PP2 opened over 50% higher than Mad Max, of course it should be outgrossing Mad Max. Avengers 3rd weekend wasn't that far behind Max and since it's deeper into the run, the legs usually hold up better.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1