#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

JW had the worlds most diverse trailers.

Everything from Ted 2 (r rated comedy) to Max (family/teen film) to Martian (sci-fi) to The Walk (adult drama) to Minions (family animated film) to...well you get it. All they needed was a teen rom com!

JW had the worlds most diverse trailers.

Everything from Ted 2 (r rated comedy) to Max (family/teen film) to Martian (sci-fi) to The Walk (adult drama) to Minions (family animated film) to...well you get it. All they needed was a teen rom com!

Paper Towns could've have filled that role :mellow: someone needs to get on the marketing team

good pace/no time for unnecessary bs, many tension filled scenes, an ending that doesn't suck, super competent score, etc. BDH decent enough performance and Pratt charisma seals the deal.

Nothing spectacular (or even very good) though.

But, but... There was a ton of un-necessary BS. Just wasted time and energy for things that either weren't followed up well or discarded completely:

the parents, the divorce, the prior relationship with Pratt and BDH, etc.

• Like 1

I actually thought that moment was awful. Just a terrible and wrong choice by the filmmakers. Completely unwarranted, and the payoff (while cool in a "whoa" way) wasn't remotely justified. It's fine to do something like that, but you've got to set up the character better, otherwise it's just callous and cruel. Made me hate the movie a bit more.

That scene is probably the only thing I did hate about the movie. And we're not alone either, I've seen others here and other places bring up the same point as you.

• Like 1

He didn't give an IO update. A small increase wouldn't be a surprise though.

Ahh, I figured he was just referring to both.  Yeah I do expect both figures to go up from estimates regardless.

You guys need to understand what heartbreak is. Even if you don't like sports, that was heart breaking.

From winning to losing in less than a minute. He never looked like he would hit that birdie once he missed the eagle though.

When I was at the theater last week watching the film, during

the big battle

, everyone went absolutely insane, whooping and hollering and chanting T-Rex and a few "YEAAAAAAAAAAHS" for good measure. And during one big moment, I heard a lot of holy shits.

Haven't seen anything like it before.

Paper Towns could've have filled that role :mellow: someone needs to get on the marketing team

Saw that one at Tomorrowland of all films-well not as bad as having Get on Up at Maleficent or my personal favorite-Pride and Prejudice at Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

• Like 1

I actually thought that moment was awful. Just a terrible and wrong choice by the filmmakers. Completely unwarranted, and the payoff (while cool in a "whoa" way) wasn't remotely justified. It's fine to do something like that, but you've got to set up the character better, otherwise it's just callous and cruel. Made me hate the movie a bit more.

A lot of similar "cruel" deaths in MM though weren't there?

I loved that part. So random and hilarious. I'm all for

more unnecessarily brutal deaths to bit characters

• Like 2

But, but... There was a ton of un-necessary BS. Just wasted time and energy for things that either weren't followed up well or discarded completely:

the parents, the divorce, the prior relationship with Pratt and BDH, etc.

Yeah but they say fuck it and forget about all those things in the second half of the movie

We talking about Zara?  That whole sequence felt like something out of Sharknado or Pteracuda.

• Like 1