#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

usually under or maybe slightly above, we are talking Matinees being what Sat early eve was doing, so like a double digit % increase that will reduce if it doesnt reduce under sat then....

WC will probably fail  :P

An increase over Saturday? OMG!!!

Well the beginning of the movie when they were essentially just showing off the park I really liked cause I thought the park was a really cool place and I liked the way they showed it to us. The characters excluding Zach were still weak but I feel like the movie was almost asking me to ignore the characters and just pay attention to the grand scope and how awesome this park was

Well at first I did really

despise the older brother. I wanted him to be eaten-he seemed like a jerk-and selfish also

I wanted everyone to die. Literally everyone. Okay, okay, maybe not Chris Pratt -- he could live because the dinos adopt him and he learns to speak their language and lives in the jungle eating berries and shrubs.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Yeah, those parts were bad. But didn't you have fun during the movie. Fun parts outnumbered the bad parts leaving an overall fun movie. I don't think Jurassic Park was aiming to be a good movie. Just a fun movie.

For it to be fun, it has to be good first.  :huh:

usually under or maybe slightly above, we are talking Matinees being what Sat early eve was doing, so like a double digit % increase that will reduce if it doesnt reduce under sat then....

WC will probably fail  :P

So exciting!

Sure, but

what she got was basically a mega-villain death. It was forced and awkward and harsh to finish her off that way, given her minor "infractions" and minor insignificance overall. Like, if you want to kill her that way, make her a real bitch. Have her undercut BDH, sacrifice the kids to save herself, steal something, etc etc.

Kinda like

the step-dad in San Andreas.  That was a proper death for his character.

I never thought I'd defend San Andreas, but there you go.

• Like 2

Kinda like

the step-dad in San Andreas.  That was a proper death for his character.

I never thought I'd defend San Andreas, but there you go.

Yes, he was a stupid walking cliche of a character, but at least he got the appropriate send off.

• Like 1

Please explain.

We are all waiting for this.

With a line about how great it is his parents are getting a divorce as you can have 2 birthdays and everything! Oh yeah such a kind and humble soul...oh wait.

Well at first I did really

despise the older brother. I wanted him to be eaten-he seemed like a jerk-and selfish also

Me too! There should have been any singificant death and I would nominee him

• Like 1

No, I didn't have fun, unfortunately. I became bored and annoyed, and nothing the movie did changed that. If anything, it just made me more annoyed.

And believe me, I wasn't going in expecting to hate or demanding some perfectly constructed story. I just wanted coherence, basic intelligence, and some cool sequences.

Yeah. . . It's a weird world we live in. I think you are perfectly within reason for not enjoying the film. And you probably are not in the minority. Just because a film does well in BO, it doesn't equate to audience approval. Films like Transformers and Pirates: 2 & 3 will continue to pull in the profits for sheer over the top.

That's the thing, though. We know that blockbusters can be good and "fun" (Jaws, Star Wars, Raiders, Back to the Future, T2, JP1, SM1&2, LOTR, TA, etc. etc.) so why settle for something that's just fun without the other part?

But those are the "classics" -- though I would debate the goodness level of some of those films listed, but that's a different conversation. Those films come around rarely. I wished every film was fun and good. But I'd be consistently disappointed. If you are talking raiders of lost ark good and fun, no film this year has been remotely close for me.

With a line about how great it is his parents are getting a divorce as you can have 2 birthdays and everything! Oh yeah such a kind and humble soul...oh wait.

So.what he was an asshole. Why does everyone in here always hate characters that are assholes!?