#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Munching away on some popcorn and 90 minutes into a 3 hour Nolan movie you feel a shit coming on. Total sophie's choice

I threw up during Iron Man 2 because I hadn't eaten anything all day except the large popcorn I had for myself

Eddie is the worst one. That guy tried so hard to help the others and had a terrible fate. At least in the new one the character in particular was kinda falling down on duty.

Is that the guy that got ripped in half by the two T-Rex's?  That really pissed me off.... so many things I hate about that movie. :rant:

More inexplicably brutal deaths for random bit characters in blockbusters please. Domhnall Gleeson eaten alive in Star Wars 7, Scoot McNairy crushed by a building in Batman v Superman, Martin Freeman shattered into a million pieces in Civil War

A Final Destination: Jurassic Park crossover film would be right up your alley.

• Like 1

Are we still arguing over Tele's opinion of Jurassic World? Why is his opinion so special? You know what? We're gonna argue over my opinion now...

Uhhh, umm...well I thought Dr. Strangelove was dumb?

Okay, 3, 2, 1, argue!

Is that the guy that got ripped in half by the two T-Rex's?  That really pissed me off.... so many things I hate about that movie. :rant:

Yep, the dude who saved them with his SUV and the ropes. T-Rexes showed up and attacked him in the SUV. Fucked up death for sure after everything he did to help the others.

• Like 1

Why? It'd be great if it increased by a couple million. 

Tele, Gopher, and baumer are united on a movie; Inside Out will either continue beating expectations or absolutely crumble; it is written in the prophecies

• Like 2

Are we still arguing over Tele's opinion of Jurassic World? Why is his opinion so special? You know what? We're gonna argue over my opinion now...

Uhhh, umm...well I thought Dr. Strangelove was dumb?

Okay, 3, 2, 1, argue!

Strangelove might be the best film ever made. Such a serious subject and yet so damn funny at the same time while also harshly critical of the Cold War.

went to see Mad Max one last time and I was the only one in the theater.

There was 4 lines for SOLD OUT Inside Out

No waiting for Jurassic World

Pitch Perfect still had four screens and Mad Max had the tiny one in 2D

Edited by Mitch

Although I respect your opinion I must disagree with you on coherence and cool sequences. It had basic intelligence and a constructed story.

a few thoughts

Note: before you read - One semi spoiler NOTED here is shown in every TRAILER - hardly a real spoiler unless you live under a rock.

-There's a scene where pteranodons scoop up terrified tourists. And that's why we're here, for awesome moments like that that further prove that movies are an art form.

-The movie was successful in capturing the feel of the original Jurassic Park, which all of its other sequels utterly failed to do.

-This film brought back some of the most wonderful touches from the first film. There was a moment when you were reminded and felt like dino's are living, breathing creatures instead of just terrifying things out to grab a bite.

-They pay homages to the original, some subtle and some less so. I won’t spoil them for you, but one was already given away by the trailers and most of the posters – the corporate leader in the park wears white, just as John Hammond did in the original.

-Velociraptors return to be terrifyingly intelligent pack hunters, the T-rex is a majestic killing machine and the triceratops are gentle. 

-Structure of the film is what you expect.

I respect your opinion but I don't share it with regards to what you mention. It's also worth noting that these points you mention as positives lean heavily on the original and nostalgia for the original; this movie does no heavy-lifting on its own.

- the T-Rex was absurd. Just an odd way to ape the original and yet completely screw it up at the same time.

- the structure is what you expect, in a macro sort of way: the movie has a beginning, middle, and end, and the park goes haywire as you would expect. It's in many of the little choices and details that it's awkward, slapdash, and many sequences go for the easy setup even though it makes many characters act unbelievably stupidly.

• Like 2