#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Avatar actually has the record, and will keep it.

Whoops that's what I meant. TA's third weekend. Avatar is safe until TFA since it has the same weekends but will start with twice as much. Two 30% drops could get it there.
  • Like 2

30.5 (-22%)

99.2m

Theres the math.

You can't just assume it'd be that linear. Holidays shift business from other days, since people who might see a film at another time will feel inclined to see it on the holiday instead. It's why Memorial Day Saturdays are weaker.

That's not to say JW would have made the same amount of money this weekend without Father's Day. But it's not just a matter of applying a normal drop and calling it a day.

• Like 2

You can't just assume it'd be that linear. Holidays shift business from other days, since people who might see a film at another time will feel inclined to see it on the holiday instead. It's why Memorial Day Saturdays are weaker.

That's not to say JW would have made the same amount of money this weekend without Father's Day. But it's not just a matter of applying a normal drop and calling it a day.

Thats probably true, add a few mill in.

Again... We have no idea how 3d would play for some movies, so you have to compare without the 3d, not downplaying 2004, but may be if you payed premium in 2004 the audience would be smaller may be! there isn't just simple math we can't say for sure how 3d would affect!

I don't get this negativity around this amazing weekend. Can't we just have both? like we were impressed in 2004 the same way we are impressed for todays numbers!

But the fact of the matter is, Shrek 2 and TDAT sold more tickets on that weekend than IO and JW. I'm not downplaying this weekend, I simply said it's not as impressive as 2004's because that was such an epic weekend and then I get jumped on by Pixar fanboys lol. It baffles me because what I'm saying is really no big deal, I don't get why you are all getting so defensive about it.

But the fact of the matter is, Shrek 2 and TDAT sold more tickets on that weekend than IO and JW. I'm not downplaying this weekend, I simply said it's not as impressive as 2004's because that was such an epic weekend and then I get jumped on by Pixar fanboys lol. It baffles me because what I'm saying is really no big deal, I don't get why you are all getting so defensive about it.

Offsetting it some is the enormous summer weekdays for JP4 vs. the shit weekdays for Shrek 2 in May. I think overall JP4's weekend is the more impressive of those two. Inside Out and Day After Tomorrow is a toss-up. Call that one even.

• Like 1

By Est.Tckt.Sales

This weekend:

Jurassic World Uni. 12,563,900

Inside Out BV11,213,800

2004 MD:

Shrek 2 DW 11,621,600

The Day After Tomorrow Fox 11,069,800

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2004&wknd=22&adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

said it earlier...so not even by ticket sales, JW will go up with actuals

Edited by Mike Wazowski

Fuck it. If JW really beats TA second weekend when the actuals come in I'd watch JW tonight.

It did. Its confirmed.