#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

Fandango shows that F7 is still playing at quite a few locations. Are they just going to leave this money on the table, or will they still get it from the theaters? How much of the receipts will they get? Is 10 weeks the fastest time for a studio to stop tracking a major blockbuster?

They'll periodically update the gross, they just won't report/track dailies anymore.

They didn't even report the weekend number. That's the strange part. (Or are they going to be like Sony in 2013 and report the previous weekend's actuals for late-run films along with their weekly actuals at the end of the week?)

Edited by TServo2049

Fandango shows that F7 is still playing at quite a few locations. Are they just going to leave this money on the table, or will they still get it from the theaters? How much of the receipts will they get? Is 10 weeks the fastest time for a studio to stop tracking a major blockbuster?

Reminds me of how Algren insisted that LGF left a couple million out of The Expendables' gross because they stopped tracking before it was played out in theaters.

Universal will get money from theaters regardless even if they stopped tracking. I can see why they won't bother anymore since it isn't near anymore milestones.

One think I thought was cool about Disney was that they tracked Frozen every day until it hit 400m. They obviously knew they had a hit on their hands and wanted everyone to know about it.

Safe to say Pratt will feature heavily in the IW films (and their marketing) now. Hell, he might as well be the star.

Rumor has it IW Part 1 won't feature the main Avengers. Pratt would be a good way to keep the film's gross from plumetting.

Fuck Cucumberbatch.

I could honestly see GOTG2 being bigger than the IW movies at the rate Pratt is going (and the dropoff for AoU).

Guardians 2 feels like a Star trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 2, Avengers 2, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Kung Fu Panda 2 situation to me.

:ph34r:

Guardians 2 feels like a Star trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 2, Avengers 2, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Kung Fu Panda 2 situation to me.

:ph34r:

I would agree if not for Pratt's star burning brighter than the sun right now. We'll see how that momentum looks 2 years from now when Guardians 2 releases though.

F7's OS haul is still blowing my mind every time I look at it. I mean, JW is massive and even it's unlikely to get to F7's OS take.

At least with JP4 you could look at JP1's huge overseas total in 1993 and sort of understand it. F7 doubled up the previous high of the F&F franchise. That's pure insanity.

• Like 1

I could honestly see GOTG2 being bigger than the IW movies at the rate Pratt is going (and the dropoff for AoU).

IW1 will drop again but I think IW2 will rebound and be the biggest of the remaining Marvel movies. Last time for the TA cast + them mingling with Guardians will make it big

Guardians 2 is perfectly set up to be a movie this board overpredicts

• Like 3