baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

The Force Awakens is just a giant trailer for the rest of the films.

But why would they spend that much on it?  Lucas always kept the budgets fairly low.

Disney is making this now.

Plus who adds backend participations to the budget? Do you even know how much te prequels would cost if you did that to them?

Disney is making this now.

Plus who adds backend participations to the budget? Do you even know how much te prequels would cost if you did that to them?

No.  

Disney & Comcast doing a deal wouldn't be allowed by regulators I have a feeling. Both are getting big enough as it is even though you are obviously kidding.

There has been explorations between Disney and Comcast in that area I believe. I think WSJ ran an article on this a while ago.

But this should have no regulatory hurdles. I don't think there's enough overlap to have a valid case against it. There's really their production business and I think there's sufficient reason to believe that the regulators will allow 1-2 mergers on that front.

Runaway budgets can either spell disaster or put a studio on top.

Titanic and Avatar were ridiculed for their budgets before opening day but both became the biggest movies of all time.

T2, True Lies (yes), Titanic & Avatar were all the most expensive movies of their time.

Runaway budgets can either spell disaster or put a studio on top.

Titanic and Avatar were ridiculed for their budgets before opening day but both became the biggest movies of all time.

I still don't understand how Jim Cameron got away with it twice.  Everyone gets bit in the ass by runaway budgets at some point and he just puts up record breaking box office each time.

*shakes head*

• Like 1

There has been explorations between Disney and Comcast in that area I believe. I think WSJ ran an article on this a while ago.

But this should have no regulatory hurdles. I don't think there's enough overlap to have a valid case against it. There's really their production business and I think there's sufficient reason to believe that the regulators will allow 1-2 mergers on that front.

It won't happen I promise you that. No reason for either company to do it other than it would obviously be the largest film and/or media company.

I still don't understand how Jim Cameron got away with it twice.  Everyone gets bit in the ass by runaway budgets at some point and he just puts up record breaking box office each time.

*shakes head*

Well, the first time is interesting. The second time?

Simple.

Titanic made 1.8 mother fucking billion dollars.

• Like 1

Holy shit, she wasn't even 17 when they filmed the Baby One More Time video. I was only 12-13 at that time too but now it feels kinda perverted to say that was the best she ever looked.

Huh? Nah, the best she ever looked was when she was on stage with that snake. 

And close behind would have been her MTV Oops I did it Again performance.

• Like 3

It won't happen I promise you that. No reason for either company to do it other than it would obviously be the largest film and/or media company.

And the cost synergies. And to be the largest and unlock shareholder value cus Comcast has just been the stellar value deliverer to shareholders these years :P