baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

You could say the same thing about any religion.  Christianity is a massive scam to some as well.  Just because one is followed by the masses doesn't make it any less of a scam.  The bigger the lie, the more people believe it.

The difference being all other religions can be practiced for free while Scientology cannot. You have to pay out the ass to get "lessons" and by the time they finally reveal the truth of their theology (some sci-fi junk about aliens), you've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on it.

• Like 3

Would Jesus be a social media whore if he were with us circa 2015 ?

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram ...

Could he beat Katy Perry, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian in number of followers ?

Edited by The Futurist

The difference being all other religions can be practiced for free while Scientology cannot. You have to pay out the ass to get "lessons" and by the time they finally reveal the truth of their theology (some sci-fi junk about aliens), you've spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on it.

I took a scienetology personality test once upon a time for free.

Per Scientolgoy, I'm depressed, super intelligent, and need Scientology.

Yeah, ok, I'll pass. But my IQ test was through the roof!

Yeah, Sony can still fight to keep the rights. I think Universal or WB will end up with it if Sony doesn't keep it.

Think Sony doesn 't have the Bond rights per say. They just distribute and market the movie and win a percentage fee for doing that.

The character belongs to two families, the Broccolis & the other one.

And it was at MGM first.

Edited by The Futurist

You think other religions are free?  LOL, that's a good one.

• Like 1

Think Sony doesn 't have the Bond rights per say. They just distribute and market the movie and win a percentage fee for doing that.

And it was at MGM first.

I figured everyone would assume that :P

I'm tellin ya, the only reason why Scientology is seen as utterly batshit is because its a really new religion.  This one doesn't even have holy scriptures endorsing murder, rape, etc unlike another one I can point to in the news everyday.

• Like 1

And it was at MGM first.

Well, I think we're saying they have distribution rights.

I think they're actually doing more than that...ie, cofi...

Still, it's not the same as having the rights...but it's still lucrative.

I'm tellin ya, the only reason why Scientology is seen as utterly batshit is because its a really new religion.  This one doesn't even have holy scriptures endorsing murder, rape, etc unlike another one I can point to in the news everyday.

Well, there's also the part where they are...

You know...

Batshit.

• Like 1

I think we should nip this in the bud real fast.  Let's keep religion out of this thread.  I  don't want to get the thread shut down.

T2 is so good.  Love the gun inside the box of roses.  So subtle but so cool.

• Like 4