MJL

Weekend Actuals. JW - 54.53, Ted 2 - 33.51, IO - 52.32

I'm assuming it will at least be better than TS(Not a very high bar, I know, but hey...)

I liked the future war parts of Genisys much better then in Salvation.

And we missed him in T4, so this is going to be awesome seeing him again.

And T3 is not nearly as hated or bad as some of you make it out to be. It suffers from not having Cameron there but it's a very good entry.

I haven't seen it since 2003 and remember nothing about it, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Avengers had Memorial weekend next in his run. JW won't have that luck. There is no way it comes close to the 36/47M Avengers did on his 4th weekend so the gap will be significantly smaller by next Monday.

Summer days will offset the weekend boosts for Avengers. Just look at Sunday. The Avengers beat JW on every single day this weekend except Sunday. It should also have a lower % drop Monday. That's how it'll be from now on. JW will pull away on weekdays and be reeled in on weekends. It's just how much will it lose to TA is what's the key question.

Wonder which movies lose screens to make room for T5 and MM. Hope JW doesn't lose too many. IO just got a boost this weekend, so I guess it won't lose many.

Hmm, could they massively drop Ted's screens this early? Seems a better bet than losing screens for JW.

Edited by JennaJ

Wonder which movies lose screens to make room for T5 and MM. Hope JW doesn't lose too many. IO just got a boost this weekend, so I guess it won't lose many.

Hmm, could they massively drop Ted's screens this early? Seems a better bet than losing screens for JW.

Ted might lose screens but it won't lose actual theaters. Theaters guarantee that they'll play a film for at least the first 2 weeks. They don't guarantee screencounts above 1 per theater though.

• Like 1

SA, Aloha, Entourage, Insidious, Spy and Dope will be the casualties.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

Ted might lose screens but it won't lose actual theaters. Theaters guarantee that they'll play a film for at least the first 2 weeks. They don't guarantee screencounts above 1 per theater though.

Usually. Dope lost theaters this weekend.

BLACKHAT

Blackhat was funded 100% by Legendary Pictures as well.  Both Seventh Son and Blackhat were strict distribution deals for Universal in 2015.  As Above, So Below was also 100% Legendary so they have been on quite a sad run lately. Ted 2 was 50% Media Rights Capital and 50% Universal.  Jurassic World was 75% Universal and 25% Legendary. 

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 8

It ain't leaving, but I dropped it from our biggest theater to one of our smallest.

• Like 4

It ain't leaving, but I dropped it from our biggest theater to one of our smallest.

Reminds me of when Disney made my 16-plex keep Lone Ranger on three screens during its second weekend. Incidentally, they were three of the smallest screens there.

Blackhat was funded 100% by Legendary Pictures as well.  Both Seventh Son and Blackhat were strict distribution deals for Universal in 2015.  As Above, So Below was also 100% Legendary so they have been on quite a sad run lately. Ted 2 was 50% Media Rights Capital and 50% Universal.  Jurassic World was 75% Universal and 25% Legendary. 

Thanks spatula. That is a ton of bombs fully funded by Legendary :lol:

Wasn't Dracula partially funded by Legendary as well? Probably 25/75 like JW?

Theaters still clinging to Tomorrowland, Avengers, Entourage, Mad Max, and Pitch Perfect are probably top priority. Insidious and Dope are next in line.

• Like 1

Theaters still clinging to Tomorrowland, Avengers, Entourage, Mad Max, and Pitch Perfect are probably top priority. Insidious and Dope are next in line.

It's funny. That's exactly what we lost this week.

Except for Entourage, we lost that like two weeks ago.