Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

He made so much money, I don't think anyone should feel sorry for him.  He was given a private jet as payment for a movie once.

Check this out for T3:

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/the_hollywood_economist/2005/05/concessions_are_for_girlie_men.html

LMAO nicely done Arnie :lol: 

This literally could be the end of the Terminator franchise. I just don't see them making any more. Even if Cameron gets the rights back he will be too busy with Avatar sequels. This is probably a good thing though. 

Cameron will never make another one. He doesn't care.

That sounds like you loved the movie.

I definitely did. Its difficult for me to call something too tier Pixar because those 4 films that I called top tier Pixar (FN, MI, TS 1+2) made up my childhood but damn this is definitely top tier Pixar and belongs among the ranks of those four

• Like 2

Cameron will never make another one. He doesn't care.

Which is why he endorsed this one based on his friendship with Arnold. To just help him out if possible with a statement of support.

He didn't really care if the film was good or not. 

• Like 1

Who is gonna start the WWW thread for T5?

No point really, we all know www...shitty trailers, old arnie is washed up and not a draw, shitty T4 and blah T3. T5 never had a chance and everyone saw that so doesn't feel like a www when all knew.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 2

Nothing went wrong. Its behaving exactly as expected. I dont think this is surprising at all.

Keeping thinking that a $9m summer opener, mid week or not, with kids out of school is what was expected. Both by Paramount or the fanbase.

Yeah, nothing surprising at all.  :wacko:

Nothing went wrong. Its behaving exactly as expected. I dont think this is surprising at all.

Now that's true.

It was expected to flop so nothing went wrong there at all. :P

It's surreal when you know from the outset that something will bomb... and then it does. Makes you wonder how early in the process the execs who made it realised the obvious truth. Did it give them sleepless nights? Or were they so confined to their studio bubble that they had no idea?

Now that's true.

It was expected to flop so nothing went wrong there at all. :P

Exactly. My prediction will be close.

Edited by CJohn

Here's a fun game. How many risky, original blockbusters/hits of the past can we all actually name? (Should we include adaptations of existing works that were still risky projects, or stuff based on historical events?)

From the past 10 years:

Risky

Transformers

Iron Man

Hancock

Inception

Tangled (Humongous budget and coming off the disappointment of TPATF)

Tron Legacy

Ted (If it had only made as much as AMWTDITW, it would've been a flop)

Gravity

Oz: The Great and Powerful

Guardians of the Galaxy

Original

Wedding Crashers

Night at the Museum

Cars

Happy Feet

The Pursuit of Happyness

Over the Hedge

Talladega Nights

Ratatouille

Hancock

WALL-E

Kung Fu Panda

Gran Torino

Up

The Hangover

Monsters vs. Aliens

Inception

Despicable Me

Brave

Ted

Wreck-It Ralph

Gravity

The Lego Movie (Narrative + characters were original)

Inside Out

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Tickets pre-sold over here for tonight in one of the top 3 theaters of the country:

Terminator Genisys - 25

Magic Mike XXL - 97

Is this happening everywhere OS or just here :lol: ?

Not OD but lots of folks predicted sub 100m domestic and bombage for T5. So the OD number is not surprising at all. I was all along thinking sub 40m 5-day weekend and it looks like that for sure.

Actually, it still doesn't.

Wednesday 9

Thursday 8

Friday 11

Saturday 7

Sunday 8

43M for the 5-day and I'm being relatively conservative here. These are based on the daily drops and increases from the openers back in 2009, when the fourth also fell on a Saturday.

I just don't see how it makes less than 40M over the five days. Something like that would defy the laws of physics.

Edited by superduperm

Actually, it still doesn't.

Wednesday 9

Thursday 8

Friday 11

Saturday 7

Sunday 8

43M for the 5-day and I'm being relatively conservative here. These are based on the daily drops and increases from the openers back in 2009, when the fourth also fell on a Saturday.

I just don't see how it makes less than 40M over the five days. Something like that would defy the laws of physics.

43M? I win. It is a shame right next to it I failed big on MMXXL :lol: I was expecting a much larger OD for that one.