Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

Still, Inside Out has a better chance of taking the top spot at the box office this weekend now.

Not surprising as JW is already at its 4th weekend. Will be phenomenal if it manages to take top spot again, though.

Not surprising as JW is already at its 4th weekend. Will be phenomenal if it manages to take top spot again, though.

I'd love to see IO take down MBGW's record, however I wouldn't mind it being #1 this weekend either. It deserves all the money it gets. 

Been a long while since we've seen the top two threepeat. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 2

Hey E, one question about your charts. What happened to Days of Futures Past? It was on for a while and then dropped off, which is odd considering it kept pace fairly well with X-3

Hey narniadis good observation, it was falling further behind in the charts and I wanted to keep the list shorter as other movies were rapidly gaining on it and in some cases surpassing it so I removed that movie. 

If I extended the list here is where it would place:

60)  X-Men 3: The Last Stand - $206,959,236 (Wed - $1,511,075

61) Meet The Fockers - $206,149,545 (Mon - $1,851,675)

62) Inception - $205,513,834 (Wed - $3,788,206)

63) Finding Nemo - $203,263,253 (Wed - $4,229,562)

64) Independence Day - $201,680,625 (Mon - $2,676,256)

65) Up - $198,836,362 (Wed - $3,816,612)

66) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $196,004,120 (Wed - $1,853,066)

67) X-Men:  Days of Future Past - $195,050,480 (Wed - $1,707,464)

68) Star Trek (2009) - $194,828,380 (Wed - $1,801,099)

Well, maybe they shouldn't have sold out to PG-13, TWICE! You would have thought the makers of this would have learned their lesson after similar backlash Salvation received, but no. Also the backlash against Robocop and Expendables 3, leading to both of those failing, those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Maybe direct your anger at who ever had the idea to make it PG13.

It's not the reviewer's/box office analyst's fault. Blame the general audience for not seeing the movie. They don't care about reviews when it comes to movies

Genisys still easily makes 350 million worldwide as long as it opens in China. I wouldn't be surprised if it's over 150 million worldwide by Monday. The Terminator movies have done huge money in Japan and South Korea as well.

I still don't get where this confidence that China is going to just embrace terminator and make it a huge hit comes from. Escape Plan and EX3 and Sabotage are the only examples we have to go on of Arnolds drawing power there since his come back and none of them set the box office alight.

Edited by RaidensSword
  • Like 1

I still don't get where this confidence that China is going to just embrace terminator and make it a huge hit comes from. Escape Plan and EX3 and Sabotage are the only examples we have to go on of Arnolds drawing power there since his come back and none of them set the box office alight.

Plus it doesn't even have a release date yet, and won't be released there until at least mid August.

If it flops everywhere else, who knows what platform China will give it.

A lot of people are off work Friday, so a lot more people may be seeing it tonight. Yesterday it did 6.6 million, I could see a increase to over 7 million today. Yes it won't increase over it's 8.9 million number though.

Well, it decreased from Wed, i was right.

• Like 2