CJohn

Tuesday Numbers | Inside Out - 6.4M; Jurassic World - 4.8M; Terminator Genisys - 4M; Magic Mike XXL - 3.2M (Actuals Page 13)

Ant-Man just opened on critics RT with an 86%---it's also viewed as a family film. If it holds in the 80's it could undercut Minions in ways no one saw coming. 

Yes, because clearly critical consensus for some films has caused others to get tripped up in the box office this summer.

• Like 1

Minions SHOULD be pulling a huge share in presales. The only two movies making money right now have been out for weeks. DM2 also did enormous presale business in a more crowded market.

Edited by Gopher

Ant-Man just opened on critics RT with an 86%---it's also viewed as a family film. If it holds in the 80's it could undercut Minions in ways no one saw coming. 

Even the positive reviews are rather meh. I doubt it gets Certified Fresh, let alone 80-90. I assume the Marvel brand name will open the film to whatever it would have opened to, critical acclaim or not, the real question will be if it is a crowd pleaser or not and what its legs do. But, yes, it could be more of a family film than some other Marvel films due the "Honey I Shrunk the Super-Hero" aspect. ;)

• Like 1

DONE.. We now have a New Club.. Let's see where this goes..

You do realize Star Wars has the same glorious release date as Avatar.  Unless it's total and utter crap, I just can't imagine a tentpole film bombing with that many prime holiday days lined up. 

This movie will sail past $400m by January 3rd.  

Oh and someone beat you to it.  lol. 

• Like 1

And the Club is closed due to someone beating me to the punch.. So, would it be a shock to many if SW7 didn't make as much as they think it will, like as much or under AOU??? Not everything is a LOCK or a shoe in as we may think. but we'll see..

I'm pretty sure the earlier club was made at a time when most of us expected TA2 to go over $500m. Pretty sure I voted for TA2 in the poll. The actual results for TA2 definitely make it a more interesting matchup, lol.

• Like 2

Even the positive reviews are rather meh. I doubt it gets Certified Fresh, let alone 80-90. I assume the Marvel brand name will open the film to whatever it would have opened to, critical acclaim or not, the real question will be if it is a crowd pleaser or not and what its legs do. But, yes, it could be more of a family film than some other Marvel films due the "Honey I Shrunk the Super-Hero" aspect. ;)

I wanna say 80% of the members here are younger than that movie.  Fuck we're getting old. 

tumblr_m72yquaek01ro8ysbo1_500.gif

• Like 5

From everything I've read it sounds like a big crowdpleaser, particularly since like TA1 the climax is the best part.

• Like 2

Average Rating: 6.5/10
Reviews Counted: 19
Fresh: 12
Rotten: 7

Rottens just keeps coming in, the score keeps falling.. this is tracking rotten territories for Marvel

oops wrong thread...
Edited by Mike Wazowski

Stuart Gordon FTW!

It's kinda crazy that they'd get two b movie horror filmmakers (Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna), and have them work on a family adventure film. Yet, despite this, you can actually tell that the film has horror elements to it. Particularly the scene with the scorpion. 

• Like 2

Apparently, Joe Dirt 2 is releasing next weekend as well. I'm shocked there is a sequel to Joe Dirt.

I thought it was a Netflix exclusive...

We'll just have to wait for the weekend then. And of course it will. It looks miles better than any other animation movies in recent memory.

James I've tried to make sense of you and your taste but I just can't do it

• Like 2