CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

This weekend, Inside Out broke an obscure record: Highest-grossing film to only have one #1 weekend, which wasn't its wide OW. Previous record holder was The Blind Side, and IO will also end up beating the admissions of the adjusted record-holder, There's Something About Mary.

(FYI, the highest-grossing film to only rank #1 on its OW is Deathly Hallows Part II. The highest-attended is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which was narrowly beaten out on its second weekend by Star Trek III - by less than $300k unadjusted and less than $700k adjusted! And they were both released by the same studio! - and then fell to third when Ghostbusters/Gremlins opened.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

Ughhhh. I still think it will come higher, just like yeasterday. If not, I want Universal to fudge it. I don't care if it is 1m or 10m, I want that freakin record. Can't believe this is happening to all good movies. God, I am pissed!

:rofl:

Told you it wouldn't get the record. :P

• Like 1

That's all JW did overseas this weekend? I was hoping it would be at $1.5B today...oh well. $1B is off the table, it'll only do $25M-$30M in Japan.

It was at 854m until this thursday. It's very unrealistic to expect it to gross more than its last weekends gross. It got 43.3m last week, so how would it gross more than $50m this weekend? It's still earning millions per day internationally so 900m+ before Japan is very much possible.

Edited by kowan
  • Like 1

It was at 854m until this thursday. It's very unrealistic to expect it to gross more than it's last weekends gross. It got 43.3m last week, so how would it gross more than $50m this weekend? It's still earning millions per day internationally so 900m+ before Japan is very much possible.

It's at 875m OS after a 21m (estimated) weekend. I think it gets another 25m by August 5th even with far worse holds than it's been having.

It's at 875m OS after a 21m (estimated) weekend. I think it gets another 25m by August 5th even with far worse holds than it's been having.

It will probably get $20m or so more this coming week, that's weekdays+weekends so it should reach more than 900m before August.

• Like 1