WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Yeah, just looked at our numbers and we should have no problem topping Thursday night + Friday's numbers.

Thursday - 194

Friday - 1092

Total - 1286

Saturday - 996(4 shows left)

How big is your theatre? Do you run a mega-plex or something?

At my theatre, we get 700-800 people for the entire day total on a good day. Then again, were a small 5 plex in a small town.

Ant-Man has been doing really mediocre (for a Marvel movie) at my cinema. I think it'll end up close or slightly above The Winter Soldier.

Out of curiosity Tree, how many screens is the theatre you work at?

Keep in mind, the WC let all films down last night.

There were baseball games in the evening in Oakland, Anaheim, San Diego and Phoenix (with San Francisco visiting). The SF/AZ game was in extra innings when I got back from the theater around 10 or so. Think that could have depressed WC evenings?

There were baseball games in the evening in Oakland, Anaheim, San Diego and Phoenix (with San Francisco visiting). The SF/AZ game was in extra innings when I got back from the theater around 10 or so. Think that could have depressed WC evenings?

I'm a Giants fan in San Jose, and I went to the theater for a late showing of Ant-Man and it still seemed pretty full. Got to see the end of the game on my phone after the movie.

All those games are there tonight as well. Doubt if they make too much of a difference since it is still regular season play.

Possibly and also bad weather.

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11

Out of curiosity Tree, how many screens is the theatre you work at?

We have 9 screens, though its worth noting one of the screens is IMAX-sized (boss told me he is saving funds to upgrade the auditorium to IMAX, so we should get that before too long)

• Like 1

We have 9 screens, though its worth noting one of the screens is IMAX-sized (boss told me he is saving funds to upgrade the auditorium to IMAX, so we should get that before too long)

IMAX seems like a bad deal for the theater owner. No control over what plays on the screen, have to pay royalties out the butt to the IMAX corporation, etc.

Weather was great in Bay Area yesterday, was there bad weather elsewhere on the WC?

It was a beautiful day here yesterday (British Colombia so I'm assuming it was nice down to Seattle as well).

IMAX seems like a bad deal for the theater owner. No control over what plays on the screen, have to pay royalties out the butt to the IMAX corporation, etc.

I don't understand why the theater owners aren't pushing back against IMAX for freedom to program screens at their own discretion. Being forced to kick out a movie that's still getting excellent business has to hurt, I wonder how much business JW was doing in IMAX when they had to drop it for Terminator.

Or I guess IMAX is buddy-buddy with the Big 3 chains?

Edited by TServo2049

How big is your theatre? Do you run a mega-plex or something?

At my theatre, we get 700-800 people for the entire day total on a good day. Then again, were a small 5 plex in a small town.

16 screens in Corpus Christi.

We range between 3,000-5,000 on weekend days depending on the movies.

Last week we did no less than 5300 each day, 6,000 on Saturday. Yesterday we only did about 3,000.

I don't believe IMAX works the same way over here as it does in the US. To the best of my knowledge, multiple films can be playing at an IMAX cinema at once. Although yes, it'd mean less control over the screen.

I don't understand why the theater owners aren't pushing back against IMAX for freedom to program screens at their own discretion? Or I guess IMAX is buddy-buddy with the Big 3?

They are locked into long-term contracts with IMAX, but more of the new theater projects are avoiding IMAX in favor of their own PLF where they have full control of the screen's content and none of the royalties required.

Santikos is not a major chain but what they are doing with their new projects kinda says it all about how they feel about IMAX. The Silverado in Tomball, TX has a single IMAX screen. They later built Palladium near Sugarland (about an hour away) with no IMAX but 6 screens that are 85 feet wide. They have complete control over those 6 screens and none of the royalty nonsense to deal with.

16 screens in Corpus Christi.

We range between 3,000-5,000 on weekend days depending on the movies.

Last week we did no less than 5300 each day, 6,000 on Saturday. Yesterday we only did about 3,000.

That's crazy! How many employees do you need to have working at a time to accommodate that?? One matinee, there was me and one other person at concession and the supervisor was selling tickets in the box office and we had 596 people there, which for 3 people, is quite a bit lol.