WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Portugal is the dream for Blanks. Inside Out has been number 1 for the last 4 weeks. Might be number 1 again this weekend. It is gonna be close between it and Ant-Man. 

• Like 1

Marvel has always been hit or miss tho. They didn't start with a track record as strong as Pixar.

Yes, I know. Should have pointed out the snark in my post.

Internet opinion towards Marvel swings as wildly as Marvel comics universe opinions toward superheroes.

It's weird - last year, it was "Marvel can propel anything to success, they're the new Pixar", and in 2015 they seem to be going into a "Pixar c. 2011-13" phase (at least in terms of Internet perception). So I guess they ARE the new Pixar.

Anybody wanna take bets on what will be their Inside Out "Marvel is back" film?

Guardians Volume 2. Civil War is still going to do well too.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Portugal is the dream for Blanks. Inside Out has been number 1 for the last 4 weeks. Might be number 1 again this weekend. It is gonna be close between it and Ant-Man. 

It's also number one in Australia after being behind JW and MINIONS for a number of weeks. It increased in other territories as well. I was shocked reading the article that talks about its incredible holds because I thought it was performing like BRAVE.

• Like 1

Ant-Man isn't doing too bad it should do projections domestic total wise around 160 million domestic or so and make a killing overseas. Ant-Man is a much tougher superhero to market than The Avengers, or The Dark Knight in comparison.

To anyone who's saying Ant-Man is a bomb: you have officially lost all perspective. Remember, this is a movie called Ant-Man. This was never going to do U$70M+. It's doing better than Wolverine and the Hulk, which are infinitely more popular characters.

If you predicted 70-80M for this, you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Like 1