grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/17-7/19 | Ant-Man 57.23M DEMOLISHING , Minions 49.27M TOXIC WOM, TW 30.1M,IO 11.54M, JW 11.45M CRUMBLING

Think about it. What did Universal expect in return if it spent 600m on promotion. 1b dom? Who would greenlight that much money?

I know the article and the source of the number you are referring to. That was not what Universal spent on Minions P&A.

They spent the normal range 130-170m.

My guess is $250m. I've never seen a movie marketing campaign this big.

Focus is officially a confirmed troll.

JW goes up from estimates, Ant-Man goes down. Yet the former is the one that is "losing steam" and the latter is the one that is absolutely "demolishing."

And Pixar doesn't really have anything to do with this...

• Like 2

My guess is $250m. I've never seen a movie marketing campaign this big.

imo product tie-ins for Minions gives the illusion of a 250m marketing campaign.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

The streak hasn't ended, IO got to #1 in the end. 2nd tight win over JW. It's a great series. Game 7 in play, expecting IO to stay ahead next weekend to level 3-3 with JW

Of course it did. It ended at 21-1  :ph34r:

takerloss1.jpg

• Like 3

Of course it did. It ended at 21-1  :ph34r:

takerloss1.jpg

I stopped watching WWE after that. Had to be one of the most depressing moments in the company's history especially for someone who grew up with the Undertaker as their favourite wrestler. 

• Like 1

Lessons for today: Demolishing and Losing Steam is the new  Massive Opening and Crumbling.

JW has both Crumbling and Losing Steam. 

Ant-Man only has Demolishing.

Nothing for Inside Out?! 

Fix this, Focus.

• Like 3

The streak hasn't ended, IO got to #1 in the end. 2nd tight win over JW. It's a great series. Game 7 in play, expecting IO to stay ahead next weekend to level 3-3 with JW

That's comparing IO with a movie that opened a week before it. That JW stays close is itself amazing.

• Like 1

JW is a franchise film and IO is an original film, let's not play a college team against an NFL team. Losing on its OW then on it's second weekend, being 0-2 down the great coach Mr WoM turned things around and it's 2-3 now against JW.

Edited by Alfredstellar